Love Explosion

Can we all agree that this was Hotch's best look?

You watch as the house explodes with him inside, the world turning in fuzzy slow motion as you scream.

'Aaron!'

You try to run forward but a hand holds you back; Rossi. You try to fight him, your sobs cracking as he pins your hands behind your back. Your world had just ended, and there was nothing you could do about it. How would you live without him? How could you breathe without Aaron Hotchner? You had loved people before, of course, but never a love like this. He was your everything, and now he was gone.

Or was he?

You watched as a dark figure limped from the ashes, your eyes blurry with tears. But you would know him anywhere. It wasn't a sight, a sound or a touch. It was a feeling. A feeling that meant you would always know it was him.

'Aaron!' You scream again, Rossi loosening his grip on your arms to let you run towards him. He limps towards you, dragging his injured foot behind him.

You reach him and fall into his embrace, both of you holding onto the other as tight as possible. You circle your hands around his waist, resting your head on his shoulder as he holds your hip, dipping his chin to kiss you softly on the forehead before leaning his head against yours.

Your brain still fuzzy, you can hear the faint sound of the team from behind you.

'When did that happen?' JJ asks. 'When did what happen?' Reid counters, confused. Morgan simply laughs at him, presumably patting him on the back before the team goes silent behind you.

You can't bring yourself to ever leave Aaron's arms, and you stay there for what feels like forever, although as he pulls away slightly to look at you it feels over all too soon.

'I thought I lost you.' You whisper, too weak with emotion for you voice to carry too heavy, but he hears you all the same. Holding your cheek softly, he rests his forehead on yours, tears forming in his eyes for the first time since you had met him.

'You can't get rid of me that easily.' He whispers against your lips before capturing them with his own in a soft, heartfelt kiss. Pulling away, he looks you in the eye.

'I love you.' He speaks quietly, voice distinct over the background noise of the clean-up crew.

'I love you too.'

Sorry this one's so short but the idea came to me in a dream, so to speak.