The Other Agent Hotchner

'Hi

'Hi. I'm looking for Detective Brookes.' You state as you walk into the small-town Sheriffs Department looking for the other members of your team and their contact there. You hadn't been feeling very well lately so had the day off yesterday, but you were ready to get back into it today.

'That's me.' A voice from your right sounded as you turned to face a tall man in a loose-fitting detective's suit.

'Hi. I'm Agent Hotchner.' You spoke kindly as you held out your hand and he visibly straightened up slightly, frowning at you.

'You're not Agent Hotchner. I've met him.' He spoke with caution as he slowly etched his hand towards his gun. Lowering your hand, you laughed.

'Dark hair; ridiculously tall; sharp suit; very grumpy looking?' He nodded slightly at your description. 'Yeh that's my husband. I'm the other Agent Hotchner.' You grinned as the detective visibly breathed a sigh of relief, reaching for your hand and shaking it politely.

'Sorry Agent. Never can be too careful. Are you and your husband on the same team, then?'

'He may or may not be my boss.' You laughed as a deep voice sounded out from behind you.

'He definitely is.' Aaron smirked as he walked towards you and you turned to face him.

'Only at work baby.' You flashed a sly grin as Aaron chuckled and placed a kiss on your cheek.

'How're you feeling?' He asked with concern.

'I'm fine.' You smiled as you pecked him quickly on the lips. 'But, I've been looking through the case files and the Unsub spent a month in Oregon, a month in San Fran, four months in Florida, and then a few weeks everywhere else after that.'

'So something happened when he was in Florida to keep him there.' Aaron finished for you.

'Exactly. And if you look at the witness reports, before Florida they say he drives a two seater Porsche; afterwards a five-seater estate car. There's nothing in the finances to suggest he'd need to downgrade unless he had bought a bigger house. Now why would he do that?'

'He has a family.' Aaron caught on as you prompted him. 'I'll call Garcia.' He spoke kindly as he strolled off in the direction of what you could only assume to be the room your team had been placed in.

Turning to the detective, he smiled at you. 'You two work well together.'

Grinning up at him, you thought to your two kids at home- Jack who looked just like his dad and your new baby who looked just like you. 'Oh you have no idea.'

This is short and sweet but I thought it was cute🥺