I refuse to turn my back on you

Happy April Fools!

Chanyeol sighed as he slipped onto the bench in the cafeteria, his cap shifting on top of his head forcing him to adjust it while the other hand settled his tray down. He laughed as his friend stumbled into the seat next to him, food spilling slightly onto the table from his clumsy nature. Chanyeol laughed and gently nudged his shoulder, unable to stop the chuckle from escaping at the sight of his friend's obvious pout. 

"You know I'm emotional when I'm about to cry over spilt rice..." Minsoo sighed, his eyes already welling up with tears. If this would have happened at least a year ago he would have done anything to make Minsoo fell better, but having known the guy for so long now he felt comfortable hitting him in the back of the head. 

"Don't be so dramatic, why you aren't an actor is beyond me you surely have the skills." Chanyeol picked up the plastic spoon from next to his tray, he sent his friend one more smile before slipping a mouthful past his lips. His friend shrugged his shoulders before taking his own spoon and using it to scoop food into his mouth, a long days training would make anyone starved for food. 

"Are you at least a little bit excited to return back to your normal life next week?" Minsoo smirked, sipping on his water since he wasn't in the mood for milk. "Your fans will be excited to see you back." 

"My fans are annoyed about the fact that my company doesn't do anything to help me while promoting my stuff." Chanyeol spoke through the food in his mouth, Minsoo turned away from disgust. 

"I've heard that SM is quite harsh with your group." 

"We bring in a lot of money," Chanyeol explained after taking a gulp of water clearing his mouth, allowing Minsoo to release a breath of relief. "so yeah it explains why our company is a little harsher with us. Everyone just likes someone or something to blame without taking the facts into account, no one knows what goes on behind close doors. The company does a lot for me within legal grounds, I will forever be thankful for them but I can't deny that I am upset that my company doesn't give me any solo promotion." 

"Do you have a reason for that?" 

"I'm not one of the main faces of my group, SM is really incredible looking out for artists but at the end of the day they're not going to give time to someone who doesn't bring in a lot of numbers. SM is entertainment company but it is still a company, it relies on money and investors to run and since I, alone can't bring in a lot they don't give me chances." 

"That sounds pretty shitty to me..." Minsoo grumbled, stabbing the piece of chicken with his spork. "what kind of company doesn't give their artists production?" 

"I'm not talking smack about the company that helped put food on my family's table,  like I said before SM is a great company and it treats us well. No one knows what happens behind close doors and it's complicated, my group itself is complicated. A lot is expected of us and we have to follow rules because we're such a largely popularized group, but like I said my fans can't see that. I'm grateful for their love yeah, but they can be quite narrow minded, refuse to listen to reason or demand answers when it is illegal to do so due to the contracts we sign. I know what I signed up for as an artist which is why I know that my contract is running out-" 

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Minsoo gasped, turning to look at Chanyeol with wide eyes. "You, the Park Chanyeol are going to leave your company when your contract is finished?" 

"My contract already ran out," Chanyeol explained, loosing his focus into the space in front of him. "I ran out a couple months into my enlistment. I still have the unsigned contract in my bunk, they think that I'm too busy to send it back to them."