GOOD DAYS CHAPTER 6

Zacznij od początku

"I can't help it, you're so beautiful." My words made her blush and push me lightly with her polished nails.

"Thank you, Beyoncé."

()

Today, Onika and I were supposed to get to know each other more. What better way to do that then to be alone from the rest of the house. I know I didn't need approval from Melanie, but it made so much sense to ask her if it was okay. She approved and it made me hug her for the first time.

"You're acting weird Bey," Melanie says to me while feeling my forehead. "Are you okay?" I nodded while I looked around for Onika. "I think Onika is in the kitchen."

Upon hearing Melanie say that, I raced into the kitchen. When I did spot Onika, she was stuffing her face with donuts, literally. I called for her and she hid the donuts behind her back and smiled at me with chocolate on her face. Shaking my head and smiling, I grabbed a napkin and wiped her face.

"Why are you stuffing your face this early?" I asked her. She shrugged and took another donut from the box.

"Heaven," she says holding the donut in the air.

"Onika, do you want to go on the swing with me?" I was hoping she would say yes. My feelings weren't going to be spilled today, but if she wanted to know more about me, then I guess I could muster up the courage to do it. Something was telling me that this was different. We came from two different backgrounds but in a way, we were the same.

"Of course!" She shouts, throwing the donut in the trash and grabbing my hand, pulling me towards the door. When we got to the door, I looked into her eyes, trying to find some type of regret, or even just something negative. I didn't find anything but happiness. "C'mon BeyBey! Open it!"

()

"BeyBey! Stop tickling me!" Onika yells as she tries to scoot away from me, laughing. I put my hands up, signaling that I wasn't going to tickle her anymore. As her laughed died down, she scooted closer to me. "Thank you for swinging with me today. It really helped me, I was a little bit sad."

She was sad? But why?

"Why were you sad? She didn't say anything, her face was hiding something. I didn't know what, but she was really bothered by it. Touching her face with my hands, I made sure that she was looking at me. I needed her to look me in the eyes while I said what I had to say. "You're beautiful Onika. That gorgeous smile you have needs to be seen. I don't want to see you sad without knowing the reason why." That alone, made her smile, which made me smile also.

"Well, I remembered what I saw when you were with Kehlani and Rihanna. I pretended that I didn't see anything so you wouldn't get worried or mad at me... but I saw everything. I was listening." I let go of her face and turned away from her. I wasn't mad at her or anything. I just had to process what she was saying to me. "I'm sorry! I didn't think it would be that bad, I just thought you guys were having a fun time-"

"It's fine, Onika."

Silence took over the both of us as we sat there, swinging on the light pink swing Melanie owned. So, did that mean she heard what Kehlani said? Was she sad about it?

"So, are you sad about what they said?" I abruptly asked, breaking the silence. Onika nodded, hugging herself.

"I thought that Kehlani liked me. Maybe even I liked her a little but I knew I couldn't trust her fully. She wasn't exactly there for me, she was just friendly and that's all I ever wanted was to be accepted and have a friend." A sigh left my lips as I watched her spill her thoughts out. "And Rihanna, well, she was similar to you but, even though I knew you had some history with them, I can't get the no's out of my head. I didn't like how they sexual assaulted you. And I'm beating myself up because I thought I could come in and say something but I-"