Good Morning World! (Not really)

Nico's POV

     Waking up is hard.

     It is for everybody, but when you're someone who's been through more trauma then most people, it's especially difficult. For example, my uncle blew up my mother when I was a baby, I got trapped in time for seventy years, my sister was brutally murdered by a robot, I was trapped in a literal jar and almost suffocated to death, and I fell in love with a straight boy.

  Not to mention I get attacked by monsters everyday, and if I overuse my powers, (which I didn't even ask for), I can melt into a puddle of darkness and never return. 

And my dad is Hades, if that adds anything to this ever-growing list. 

But anyway, mornings are challenging. I kinda just sit there, wanting to get up, but not having the willpower or energy. I look at the clock: 7:45. I let out a groan and hoist myself into a sitting position.

"Hurry up Solace." I sigh as I wait for my door to open. When it does, in walks Will Solace, camp counselor and permanent resident of Cabin Seven.  He's one of the only people who can just open my door and walk in. Everyone else has a strict knock-before-entering rule they must follow.

The only other person who can just walk in is my sister, Hazel, saying it's technically her room too. But she's on the other side of the country and isn't scheduled to visit until Christmas.

"Good morning Sunshine." Will says with a smile on his face like always.

I let out an annoyed grunt in response. Will laughs a touch as he takes a small pill bottle out of his pocket. "Bad night?" he asks.

Well of course it was a bad night. Every night is when you deal with insomnia. It's always  not being able to sleep, and when I finally manage to, the nightmares keep me from staying asleep long. Unless you count waking up in the middle of the night screaming, sleeping. 

But I don't say that. I just quietly nod my head. 

Will sits next to me on my bed as he hands me my pills and a glass of water. "I'm sorry Nico."

But I don't respond. I just take my meds and hand him the half drunk glass of water.  I go through this every morning, saying no one even trusts me enough to keep pills in my room. I mean, I only tried to overdose ONE TIME! But apparently that was enough to have the happiest child in this entire place come in my room every morning. 

We sit in silence for a few minutes before I scoot over to him and lay my head on his shoulder. Besides Will being my "doctor", he's also my boyfriend. . . Well, I think. We never officially started dating, but we kiss and cuddle and be all couple-y and weird.

Will instinctively wraps his arms around me as I bury my face in his chest. We sit there and he kisses the top of my head. he tries to pull back, but I stayed clung to him. he sighs. he knows the drill by now.

"Nico. that's the third time this week." he complains. 

"Please?" I ask, in the sweetest voice I could in almost eight in the morning.

He sighs. "Fine. But I expect all of them back by Sunday. Okay Death Boy?"

"Don't call me Death Boy." I huff. 

"Whatever." he says as he takes off his hoodie, revealing his orange Camp Half-Blood shirt. I put the hoodie on and bury my face in the collar. It smells like a mixture of cologne and antiseptic,  pretty much what Will smells like on the daily. 

He gives me a peck on the cheek and stands up. "Breakfast is at 8:15. Be on time kiddo." he says as he ruffles my hair. 

I smile as I watch his retreating form walk out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi! It's me, Gremlin!

First of all, thank you so much for reading this, it means so much!

Also, please do not expect regular updates, I am very busy with school and extracurriculars, so please be patient with me!

If you want to give criticism, please do, but be nice; I am NOT excepting hate on this  page!

But yeah thanks for reading!