Chapter 1 : Visions

(Vision)

I ran. Threw captail city. And back towards the ghost. The op went terribly wrong and I was sepperated from the crew. Again. I keep hearing voices as I run.

"You better run faster jedi."

"The boy wont live to see you again."

"Yes he will. Because I will help him"

"Did you really belive you can save your padawan jedi. Well you better start running. As he is in a bit of a situation."

The voices are getting louder. "YOUR PADAWAN WILL ALL DIE TO MY HAND JEDI! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Have to make it back. Faster and faster.

Thud. Are they still alive?

Thud. Will I make it?

Thud. Am I already too late?

Thud. What if there already dead?

I see the ghost. 'Final stretch' if I can just make it. Then we can get out of here. All alive. All ok. Dusk decends as I run faster and faster into the night toward the ghost. 'Almost there' Then I stop. Just stand there unable to move as the crew come out. And I see something. Red? Red! I start to struggle as the inquisitor jumps the crew. Ezra is the first to react by activating his lightsaber. The inquisitor rushes him. He sound of clashing lightsabers is herd for miles as Ezra tries to prevent the inquisitor from harming the rest of the crew. He then tells them something and they seem to move back into the ghost. It takes off. "Ezra!" I yell trying to attract the boys attention.

It worked.

He looked at me and ran toward me. But its already too late. The inquisitor threw his lightsaber at Ezra. And it hits him. He stops. And looks down to see the crimson blade sticking out of his chest. He starts to fall. He Hits the ground. I feel my self ale to move as he hits the ground and I run to him. A tear falls from my cheek onto his face as he fades away. "K..kanan..?" I hear a wisper come from his mouth as he looks at me weakly with his electric blue eyes. " I..I failed. I failed you and the crew." He says to me as I feel more warm tears stream down my face. "Ezra you cant die on me. Hang in there kid." I plea as I pull him onto my knee and hug him. Clinging to the padawan that I always thought of as a son.

"Dont die on me kid..." I begin "please."

To my despair he starts to close his eyes. Then falls lose and limp. I didnt belive it. "Ezra!" I start crying again "This is all my falt, this shouldnt have happened. I'm so sorry."

I see the inquisitor move towards me with lightsaber in hand. "Are you ready to join him jedi, join him in death!" He ran towards me. Towards Ezras body. I didnt care, I failed him and I deserve to join him. I close my eyes preparing for the inevitable.

Slash!

(End of vision)

"AHHHHHH!" I awoke in a cold sweat. I was alone in the medbay ' what happened to me.' I thought ' was it a vision? Was it real?' Deep in thought I didn't hear the door open. I just saw Hera enter. The look of anguish changed to joy as she saw me. "Guys! Get in here, Kanan's awake!" The others after hearing her, showed up not much after. They all looked at me as I asked "What happened?" While sitting up.

Then I felt my eyes light up with joy as Ezra approached my side. He says " Well apparently the top gun turret was shot off during battle and you were injured. " He continued "Then Hera heard a crash and got us. We then found you at the bottom of the ladder. Your eyes were glazed over so I went to see if I could get your attention. By waving my hand infront of your face. Then you collapsed." He smiled at me. "How are you feeling?" Hera quickly asked. I gave her an indication that I needed to tell her alone. And she quickly said to the others "I think kanan needs to rest now."

The others left and I told her about my dream. No Nightmare.

No. Vision.