chapter two

double updateeee

---

"Hey Bea!"

Beatrice had just finished her academics lessons when she heard somebody yell her name from the other side of the room.

"Hi!" she waved back excitedly, running over to her friend. There were very strict rules in WCKD so the girls rarely found themselves talking to each other but when they did they treasured it.

"What are you doing now?" the brunette girl asked Bea.

"I'm seeing my brother today! I haven't seen him in weeks but he finally convinced Miss Paige to let me visit him," Beatrice said excitedly, "You can come with me too so you can finally meet him!"

Her friend just grinned back at her and nodded profusely. She had a small slither of hope that her own brother would be with Beatrice's.

"Common, we have to go quick before anyone notices you've gone!" Bea said beckoning her friend to follow her. The pair ran down the corridor into the North Wing of the building. Beatrice had been in this section many times to visit her brother (but she was usually with an escort) so she knew the way to get to him like the back of her hand. Finally reaching the room they usually met in, Bea and her friend slipped into the room and Beatrice scanned the room to find the familiar brunette boy.

"There he is!" she exclaimed, pointing at the boy with a lab coat and goggles on. The boy instantly recognised his sisters voice and removed his goggles, bolting straight to where his she was standing.

"I missed you so much!" he mumbled into Beatrice's hair as she hugged him as tight as her little body could. The siblings finally broke from their embrace and her brother's eyes flickered to Bea's friend who standing behind her. She was hiding herself half because she found the boy quite intimidating and half because she found him quite good-looking.

"Oh right sorry," Bea said realising she hadn't introduced them yet.

"This is my friend, we met a couple months ago," she told her brother and then faced her friend, "And as you know this is my brother his name is-"

"I thought you promised you wouldn't do this again?"

Beatrice's eyes flew open to see Dr Crawford causing her to spring off the couch and pull her shoes on as quickly as possible. To say she was annoyed to be woken up was an understatement; she was just about to find out the brother's name in her dream when Dr Crawford just had to walk by and see her sleeping. The woman looked unimpressed by the girl talking yet another nap on the couches.

"In my defense I finished all the jobs you told me to do," Bea grumbled straightening her jacket to which Dr Crawford rolled her eyes.

"In that case since you clearly have nothing better to do, I have one last job for you to do," she said, and Beatrice just groaned internally.

"It's your lucky day!" she grinned sarcastically, "You need to escort one of the new subjects to one of the testing wards - these are Janson's orders not mine. Also, whatever you told him earlier worked miracles because he actually showed up to the staff meeting this time-"

Great I have take one of the newbies when I could be having a nap.

"- now I know you already know this but do you remember the rules when-"

"Yes, yes, I have Janson shoving it down my throat every 2 seconds whenever he catches me speaking with Aris," Bea said hastily, "The rule is to never mention WCKD or answer questions revolving about WCKD and if the subjects asks, we. Are. Not. WCKD."