1616

Jisung felt weak all of a sudden. He didn't know what to do. Was it Minho who put this in his locker, or was it someone else? Minho always signed his name at the end of his letters so Jisung couldn't see why this was any different.

He looked up, in search of Minho but what he say made his heart ache even more. Jeongin smiled widely at Minho as he searched his backpack. It wasn't long before he pulled out a rose and a box of chocolates, a letter attached to it. Minho grinned widely and accepted it from him. As if that wasn't enough, Minho happily pulled him into a tight hug.

Much for this letter. Jisung angrily wiped his tears and crumpled up the paper, stuffing it into his backpack.

Hyunjin laughed and squished Seungmin's cheeks together. Seungmin hated every second of it, but Hyunjin made it okay. They spent their morning in full bliss. Hyunjin had created a beautiful painting for Seungmin as a gift, full of flowers and light blue skies. Seungmin returned this gesture by gifting him a photo book full of their photos together ( if you get this reference then I love u ).

Jisung stomped beside them and pulled them apart, yanking both of them into the bathroom with him. Both boys remained confused until Jisung let them go. They noticed the stain of tears that marked his soft cheeks immediately.

" Oh, Jisung, what happened bub?" Seungmin reacted first, pulling him into an immediate hug. Hyunjin joined them, squishing them together. They stayed that way until Jisung pulled apart.

" I— hate— Valentine's Day," was all the couple could make out of the boy. He tried his best to control his breathing but he just couldn't. Was he being dramatic? Who knows, all he knew was that he was going to regret this soon.

" Could you tell us what happened?" Hyunjin asked first. Jisung took a moment before looking up at them with glossy eyes. He smiled sadly and played with his fingers.

" I received a love letter today,".

" That's great!," Seungmin nudged Hyunjin and silenced him.

" I thought it was from— Minho hyung, but I was wrong. I saw him accept Jeongin's confession a few minutes ago. Guys, I don't think he likes me anymore,".

Seungmin and Hyunjin widened their eyes. That was practically impossible. Minho was practically in love with Jisung, there was no way he'd just give up after all that time.

" I highly doubt that, Jisung. Minho hyung has never given up, I don't think he'd give up now," Hyunjin explained. " You guys just started being friends!"

Jisung wanted to believe him, but he just couldn't. He clearly saw how happy Minho was to receive Jeongin's gift.

" Jisung, remember what you've always stood by. 'Never live a life with regret'. Go tell him how you feel, you never know what can happen if you don't try," Seungmin suggested.

Jisung shook his head no. " Let's say what I saw was true. I can't just walk up to him and claim him! He accepted Jeongin's gift!"

" Okay, but what if it wasn't true? Then you've lost one of the biggest chances to happiness," Hyunjin butt in. Jisung knew he was right, but he was terrified of the outcome.

The bathroom door opened up, and Principal Kim walked into the room. " Who's in here? Get to class!"

The trio stood up and began bowing their way out of the bathroom. They sped off almost immediately after stepping out.

Hyunjin looked over his shoulder and scowled.
" What a fucking weirdo,". Jisung couldn't help but feel a sense of deja vu.