🌬️Chapter Eighteen🌬️

Ellegaard, Eliza and Gabriel helped Adrian control his fire. Gabriel and Eliza were always on standby should the fire get out of hand. The group didn't dare stay in one place for too long. The times that they did stop, it was spent mourning Soren and Lydia. The Original Order didn't cry or sniffle whenever Soren's name was mentioned so they were recovering well enough. Gabriel often spent these times either helping Adrian, training, braiding Ash's hair or fiddling with his mother's necklace and looking through the photo album. Ellegaard would also either be training, helping Adrian or talking to Harper. Eliza was training or helping Adrian, if not, she was just playing with Audrey and Gabriel.

Ash found the warrior stroking Audrey's thick, grey, warm fur. She came over to the two, "What are you thinking about?"
Gabriel didn't look up and continued to stroke Audrey, "Nothing,"
Ash shook her head, "It isn't nothing," She settled herself next to the warrior, who still didn't look up,
"Please tell me what's wrong Gabriel," Ash said. Finally, Gabriel looked into her brown eyes. He sighed,
"Fine. I was thinking about how the Kieanaas managed to bring Magnus back,"
Ash intertwined her fingers with his. Gabriel continued, "Well, what if they can bring back the people that they kill. Because, I think, that I was fighting Lydia when... When Soren died," He heaved a deep sigh, "I hope that I'm wrong,"
Ash had no idea how to comfort her boyfriend other than curl into his side and bringing her head to his chest. She closed her eyes before feeling his chest rise and fall. His breath was hitching.
Black clouds moved overhead. Those better not be storm clouds. Ash thought. They were storm clouds. With a flash and a BANG! Gabriel flinched violently. Ash immediately hugged him. Footsteps that sounded like two people running were soon heard. Gabriel went into a panic. He bent double from fear. His breathing sped up. Tears were falling, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" He sobbed over and over again. Ash immediately went to her hands and knees and attempted to push Gabriel back to a sitting position. She did this fairly successfully, other than the fact that she may have accidentally dislocated his shoulder and her own. She ignored the pain in her shoulder and continued to comfort him. She brushed the tears - that may have well been rain from the speed they were falling- from Gabriel's face. Audrey, dripping wet though she was, rested her head on Gabriel's lap, he didn't notice. He was still repeating the words, "I'm so sorry," He was like a small boy crying for it's mother. Damn his fear. Ash looked up to see Ellegaard and Ivor. She nodded and the older two kneeled down. Ellegaard hugged Gabriel, "It's okay, you're safe,"
The warrior noticed Ivor and spoke weakly, "W-want... Braid," He stopped to breathe. Ivor got the idea and sat by Ellegaard who moved over to give the males room. Gabriel reached into Ivor's hair. He gently parted it.

What's the worst type of prison?

He placed the left side if the partings over the middle.

The one where that prison is you.

He did the same with the right side.

Forever trapped with your guilt and grief and regret.

He let out a yell of those emotions. Ash darted next to him, "What is it?"
Gabriel shook his head,
"Do you ever get that voice that tries to put you down all the time?"
The other three nodded.
"Had that go off," He said shortly.