🌕Chapter Fourteen🌕

Jesse looked shocked, "How do you know?" She asked faintly. Gabriel smiled gently and placed a hand upon her shoulder,
"You don't happen to remember a man called William, do you?"
Jesse gasped again, Gabriel chuckled quietly,
"That was me," He paused, "Your parents and I agreed that you would know me by my middle name and you wouldn't see me in my armour due to my status at the time. At least not until you were old enough,"
Jesse wrapped her arms around Gabriel's neck. Gabriel pulled her against his chest as he whispered, "I love you, my little star,"
"I love you too,"

Unfortunately, as much as the three of them hated it, Gabriel and his friends had to leave the manor. There had been certainly been tears. Gabriel and Arianna hugged tightly. Gabriel swallowed his tears, he couldn't and wouldn't cry forever. He turned to face his friends who had left so the three were out of earshot. Daniel touched his brother's shoulder. Gabriel faced him sadly, "Daniel, I can't stay forever,"
Daniel smiled sadly, "I know but I wanted to give you something,"
Gabriel looked confused, "What?"
Daniel nodded, "Yeah," He held out a leather bound book and a silver necklace with a golden star pendant, "Here,"
Gabriel gasped, "The old photo album and.... Mother's pendant," His voice cracked. He then took them happily, said a final goodbye and then went to join the others.

It had been a few days since the Phoenixes, Soren, Ivor, Ash, Harper, Jesse and Lukas had left the Black Manor. Gabriel was now curled against the roots of an oak tree, the photo album resting on his legs and the pendant on his chest. His eyes were filled with nostalgia of his childhood. He was so caught up in the book, he hadn't heard Ash's footsteps. The girl had sat next to him, "What's that?" She asked, pointing to the pendant on Gabriel's chest. The warrior jumped a little. He then smiled and looked at Ash,
"My mother's pendant,"
Ash blushed, "It's cute,"
Not any cuter than you, Gabriel thought. Ash faltered,
"Do you mind if I-"
"Stay? Not at all!"
Ash grinned and curled into Gabriel's side. He put an arm around her shoulders.
Ash noticed a small dark-skinned baby being held by her older brother, and blonde sister who helped the young boy hold the baby. Another child, slightly older than the blonde girl, stood looking proud next to them. A brown haired woman was resting looking tired, holding hands with a blond man with shoulder length hair. They all looked so happy.
Ash pointed at the picture, "When was that?"
Gabriel smiled, looking reminiscent, "That was the day Arianna was born?" He chuckled, "I'd forgotten how messy Mother's hair was,"

Ash pointed at the picture, "When was that?"Gabriel smiled, looking reminiscent, "That was the day Arianna was born?" He chuckled, "I'd forgotten how messy Mother's hair was,"