🌿Chapter Ten🌿

The manor was fairly large but not quite as large as a mansion. It was dark oak wood with cobblestone pillars, not unlike a woodland mansion. Gabriel portrayed no emotion, there was a look in his eyes that no one could place. Jesse walked up to the doors and knocked gently. Said doors opened to reveal a ginger man with soft grey eyes.
"Soren?!" Gabriel and Ellegaard grinned, their eyes wide. Soren looked scared for a second before also grinning. The warrior and engineer embraced the architect. As they broke apart, Soren raised his head to face the other newcomers. Before he could ask who they were, someone with a cockney accent spoke, "Who is it Soren?"
A dark-skinned man with brown hair that faded neatly to blonde back into brown hair and light brown eyes stepped next to Soren. When his eyes landed on Gabriel, they filled with tears, "Gabriel...?" He asked, weakly, "Is it really you?"
Gabriel bit his tongue in a hopeless attempt to not cry. It was to no avail. The warrior walked to the cockney man and embraced him, "Oh, Daniel...." Gabriel murmered, a small sob escaping him. Another person, a female this time, walked up to her brother. Her brown hair was ankle-length. One of her eyes were the same grey-blue colour of Gabriel's, the other matched Daniel's light brown ones. The girl's eyes lit up with joy and tears. She ran into Gabriel's arms, nearly tackling him to the ground. Gabriel hugged her back, "I've missed you too, Arianna,"
Arianna only sobbed in reply. Yet another female came forward, this one blond and blue eyed, "What's going on?" She asked. When she saw Gabriel, her faced twisted from a quick second of joy to fury. She ran forward and slapped Gabriel across his tear-stained cheek. Gabriel gasped, as did Soren and Arianna. Daniel yelled, "Lydia, what the hell!?"
Lydia payed him no heed and started on Gabriel, "YOU IDIOT, GABRIEL WILLIAM LOPEZ! WE ALL THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! CLEARLY YOU DON'T CARE!"
"Lydia, I-"
"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! I WISH YOU WERE NEVER MY BROTHER!"
And with that, she walked away. Gabriel's already teary eyes began to fill even more so with tears. Ash gave a small gasp and yelled, "Are you kidding me?!". Arianna put her hand on Gabriel's shoulder, which was heaving with suppressed sobs, and whispered, "She didn't mean that,"
Gabriel tried to speak but all that came out was a sob of hurt. I deserve it, He thought. Ellegaard's voice cut through his thoughts but he didn't care what she was saying.
Someone was kissing him passionately, Ash. Daniel looked annoyed,
"Nooo!" He whined, "Gabriel's too young!"
Gabriel, Arianna and Ash began to giggle. Ash knew from experience that laughter was the best medicine.

A few days later, things were returning to a somewhat normality minus that Lydia would only glare at Gabriel and obviously his and Ellegaard's powers but for now, things were alright. Gabriel and Arianna found pleasure in teasing Daniel for his cockney accent. The Black Manor was impressive and near impossible to find your way around without Soren or one of the Black siblings being there.

Until, Daniel asked Gabriel for a word. Gabriel followed curiously. Daniel sighed, "Look, Gabriel, I'll understand if you hate me for not telling you but... Mother's dead..."
Gabriel gasped, tears forming in his eyes. She couldn’t be, she just could not be dead, gone! But she was, Katie Black was dead. Gabriel collapsed to his knees and cried. Daniel ran to get Ash, who darted to the weeping warrior's side and pulled him into a hug muttering, "I'm here... Shhh... I'm here for you... Just let everything out,"

Loud knocking interrupted the moment. Gabriel raised his head curiously. Daniel looked over his shoulder and went to get the door, a feeling in his heart.