🔥Chapter Eight🔥

For the days that followed, you really could get an idea of what the Original Order was like before they broke up. Conversations would spark up as though they had never been apart. Obviously they were serious when necessary but other than those times, the three of them would be talking, laughing or helping one another out. Ash and Harper thought it was quite sweet. Jesse and Lukas were pleased that the three were getting along despite past events. Ellegaard and Gabriel were slowly getting used to their powers and had practice fights. What really took them by surprise was the wings. But, like their powers, they soon got used to them (gave them an excuse to tease Ivor).

Ellegaard was at the end of the glade, panting while Gabriel regained his breath. Both of the pair's wings were spread out. Their eyes were different colours. Gabriel's an ice blue and Ellegaard's were green. Gabriel's sword now had icicle like blades and Ellegaard had a bow made of vines. They had now been training for an hour and the sun was beginning to set. Ellegaard raised her head and hands in surrender as she walked to Gabriel, "Do you just want to call it a tie?"
Gabriel nodded, "That would certainly be the easiest option,"
Gabriel began to cough a little. Ellegaard face was not giving anything away, "Asthma?"
Gabriel nodded, "Yes. I hate it!"

Gabriel was woken up by small whimpers. He immediately look down at Ash. She was sleeping peacefully. He turned his gaze around the clearing. Harper had, more than likely subconsciously, curled to Ivor but she was fine. Ellie was also perfectly fine. It was Jesse whimpering. Gabriel stood and walked to the girl. Kneeling by her side, he shook her gently, "Jesse? Jesse are you alright?"
The girl gave a small gasp. She turned to face Gabriel. The warrior brushed loose strands of hair from her face, "Why are you still awake?"
"C-can't sleep," She mumbled. Gabriel smiled,
"There was a lullaby that my mother would sing when I couldn't sleep but I doubt that you would want to hear it,"
Jesse smiled, "I do," She took in the warrior's expression. He looked taken aback but there was something akin to grief in his eyes. Jesse smiled. The warrior sighed, "Alright then,"

Italics=Gabriel singing
Bold=Ghost Jesse parents singing
Normal=Both

"Come little children, I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment
Come little children, the time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows."
"Oh~"
"Follow sweet children, I'll show thee the way
Through all the pain and the sorrows.
Weep not poor children, for life is this way
Murdering beauty and passions."
"Oh~"
"Hush now dear children, it must be this way
To weary of life and deception.
Rest now my children, for soon will a way
Into the calm and quiet."
"Oh~Oh oh oh~"
"Come little children, I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment
Come little children, the time's come to play
Here in my garden if shadows,"
"Oh~"
Jesse was now asleep but why were they there. Gabriel whispered into the empty night, "I know you were there, Melissa, Cameron. But why?"
As though they were there, the wind whispered, You know why!
Gabriel didn't sleep for the rest of the night.