🌬️Chapter Eleven🌬️

A girl stood at the door. Her red-brown hair was a mess but there were strands of blue mixed in. Her pale face was covered in scars. She looked on the verge of death. Daniel's eyes widened and he called over his shoulder, "Ivor, Ivor we need help!" He then proceeded to help the woman inside and got her to a comfortable place.
Gabriel walked in the manor hallways, there was an odd feeling in his stomach, not unlike the feeling when they had found Ellegaard. He leaned against a wall, sighing. He closed his eyes. How had everything gone so wrong and gotten so confusing so quickly? Magnus had caused the return of the Kieanaas. He was a Phoenix Descendant. His mother was dead and his anxiety was becoming uncontrollable. Oh, and Lydia hated him.
"You alright?" Speaking of Lydia. The woman stood in front of him. She looked awkward. Gabriel nodded,
"O-Of course, why wouldn't I be?"
Lydia smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder, "What are sisters for?"
Gabriel gasped, tears beginning to form in his eyes. He seemed to be crying a lot lately. He opened his mouth to say something but Lydia didn't seem as though she didn't need to hear it. She pulled him into a hug, "I love you, little brother,"
Gabriel swallowed back tears, he couldn't find the words.
If  we go down then we go down together!
The two broke apart, looking at each other smiling.
They'll say you could do anything!
They'll say that I was clever!
A scream cut through the air. Gabriel ran to where it sounded from.

The woman who had been at the door was balled up in pain, tears streaming down her cheeks. Ivor and Ash were already on scene. When Lydia and Gabriel arrived, Ash ran to her boyfriend's side. Said boyfriend pulled her into a one-armed hug, using his other hand to stroke her head, running his fingers through her hair. They both knew that Ash may never get used to the screams.
Eventually the screaming died away, the unknown woman gasped for breath. Ivor came up to her and handed her a Calming Potion. She took it gratefully. Once calm, she looked rather apologetic, "I'm sorry about barging in like this but the Kieanaas are back and I have nowhere to go,"
Gabriel smiled, taking his arm off Ash's shoulders, "It's no trouble, truly. You'd be welcome to stay for as long as you need or want to," He paused, "I am more concerned about what happened to you,"
The woman shuddered, "Th-They're out there. The Kieanaas!"
Gabriel became tense, his eyes flashing into the Ice-like blue and he absentmindedly spread his wings. His sword became a sharp icicle. He turned to face the door. He smiled a battle-ready smile, "I've been waiting for this," He turned to face Ivor, "Let Ellie know,"
Someone gripped his hand. Ash looked into his eyes, "What if you don't come back,"
Gabriel put his hands on her waist, "I'll be fine, my love. I would not leave you for the world,"

Outside there were three Kieanaas. They had a patch of purple, rotting skin. Their armour was black and red. They flew with clouds of darkness. Ellegaard, Ash and Gabriel stood watching on the doorstep of the Lopez Manor. They looked at each other, smiling. The Phoenixes pushed off from the ground, their wings beating.
Oh it was wonderful, flying. Gabriel quite liked the feeling. He didn't get too carried away. He drew his sword and flew in from the right of one of the Kieanaas. Knowing he had taken it by surprise he brought his sword down, into the foul thing's head. It fell from the sky before proofing awake, dead. The warrior grinned. He looked to see how Ellegaard was doing. The woman was perfectly alright. She seemed to be enjoying this even more than Gabriel was. Soon, just one was remaining.

The Kieanaa formed a large ball of dark red light in it's hands and threw it, not towards Gabriel and Ellegaard, but towards Lydia, who had, unbeknownst to the Phoenixes, caused a distraction. It hit her right in the chest, if she were to survive, it would be a fricking miracle. Gabriel gasped. Several things happened at once. A large flash of light then two bodies falling through the air. One was caught.

Gabriel's ears were ringing. Someone was crying. Gabriel pushed himself up a little. Ash was bent over him. He pulled her into a passionate kiss. She threw her arms around him, stopping crying immediately. They grinned at each other. Ash helped the male to his feet. Ivor came over, looking sombre. Gabriel looked alarmed suddenly. Ivor bowed his head, "Lydia... Didn't make it..." He said softly. Gabriel ran desperately to the girl's body.
No! No she can't be! He thought desperately.

Lydia was crumpled on the ground. Blood spattered all over her. Gabriel knelt by her side. He shook her shoulders, "Lydia, wake up! Please wake up!" He knew it was worthless but he couldn't bare to leave her. He broke in helpless sobs. The others came running up behind him. Arianna dropped her knees and also began to cry. Daniel's shoulders were shaking with suppressed sobs. Soren and Ivor looked teary. Harper was sniffling. Ellegaard doing her best to not cry while Ash attempted to calm Gabriel. They all were there for who knew how long. It could have been minutes. It could have been hours. Eventually, Harper and Ivor left the scene. A few minutes later, Soren followed. Eventually, it was just Daniel, Gabriel, Ash and Arianna by Lydia's body. Gabriel seemed reluctant to leave when Ash whispered, "Come on, let's go,"
Gabriel shook his head, "N-No, I can't, I-I d-don't want to..." He sobbed. Ash sighed and pulled him into a one-armed hug, which Gabriel curled into. The tears seemed endless. He would avenge Lydia. After he recovered from this terrible grief.