🔥Chapter One🔥

Ash half-glared at the dark-skinned warrior, who was giggling playfully. The girl felt the soft breeze blow her red-brown hair around her. Gabriel stopped giggling, looking sympathetic.
"I'm sorry, angel," Angel was Gabriel's pet name for Ash. He walked towards her before pushing hair from her face. Even after five years of dating, she couldn't help but blush as the warrior did so.
"It's okay," Ash smiled and hugged her boyfriend. Gabriel hugged her back. He rested his head on hers. It was quite romantic, with the forest around them and the gentle breeze blowing through their hair, Gabriel's soft, brown curls and Ash's red-brown waves.

A few minutes later, the two broke apart, smiling. Suddenly, a pained look crossed Gabriel's face. Ash looked confused, "You alright?" She asked. Gabriel winced. Then he yelled in pain. His eyes widened. He was bent double from the pain. Ash froze, looking alarmed. She saw tears falling from those stunning blue-ish grey eyes. It looked as though he was being tortured.

Eventually, his screams died down. Gabriel gasped for breath between whimpers, falling down to his hands and knees. Ash unfroze and walked to him, kneeling next to the warrior. He looked like a child that had gotten lost. Ash pulled him to her chest. As he felt her touch, Gabriel broke into helpless sobs.
"It hurt. Oh god, it hurt," He whimpered.
"Shh," Ash hushed him, "Shh. Don't talk. Just let all the tears out,"
In that moment, he wasn't brave, he wasn't strong, he wasn't even a warrior. He was just a man who had experienced pain beyond imagination.

There was a groan of a nearby zombie. How long have I been crying for? Gabriel thought. They both stood up. Gabriel drew his sword and Ash her trident. They walked, eyes and ears pricked for any monsters. Ash spoke to defuse the tension a little, "What happened?" She asked, weakly, her brown eyes meeting the blue ones, "All I saw was a grimace then you started screaming," Next to her, Gabriel tensed, slightly.
"I... Don't know. I just felt a sharp pain in my head and shoulders..... It felt like living in utter hell!" He shuddered.
"O-oh, I'm sorry," Ash muttered. A hand gripped hers. The warrior smiled at her,
"Doesn't matter,"
"We should get you to Ivor. He'll be able to give a Calmness Potion,"
As much as he didn't want to see Ivor, out of fear, Gabriel knew she was right.