21

Season.
__________________________

30.

30 days so far.

A month.

Another month to add to the list.

He now knows how long he has been held captive. 4 months in total. The time was passing by and the days came and went, counting the bread his been receiving and consuming over the past weeks. He couldn't believe that the days were starting to pass by so quickly..the basement was no longer freezing cold, but started to warm up a tiny bit which made him genuinely confused. He could only assume it was around the time of the year pretty flowers bloomed, and the trees getting back it's leafs. Spring. He didn't feel like he was blooming though. He couldn't see any of the pretty flowers or trees, the clear sky, the sun, the still colder nights. He could see none of that. He was trapped down here, with the lights on, finally able to read the book that was given to him.

So far he actually liked it a lot. He couldn't exactly understand why Seungmin would love it, stating it was his favorite. The book was so deep and meaningful, he couldn't see neither of the two men enjoying such things. Especially since they found his emotions pathetic and amusing. But the book really hit hard, and he so far enjoyed reading through the chapters all throughout day and night.

One thing he thought of requesting was a calender. Now that he managed to settle down, find more peace in all this chaos, and enjoy the pages between his slimming fingers. He wanted to ask if he could receive a calender, to follow up on all the days that was passing. He wanted to ask for a clock aswell, just a small one. That could stand beside his bed, or more like the mattress. But he didn't want to go too far..so far he just wanted a calender..nothing else. And he planned on asking them later once they would come down with food. and hoped that they would be in a good mood.

But currently..all he could do to make time pass, was to read the final chapter of the book, immersing himself into the story so much, that he felt like he wasn't existing. He was just in the point of view of the protagonist in the book, reading the lines as he created pictures in his head. He gulped dryly time to time, a bit thirsty and hungry.

At first the hunger was bad, but he somewhat got used to the long hours of not being fed. He adjusted to the place. Remembering the footsteps above him from when they walked around, to when they stepped infront of the door to the basement. The lock to it aswell. He became so familiar with his surroundings that he barely thought a lot about home..or well, restricted to do so.

He has promised himself not to feel sad over it, knowing he wouldn't see his friends and family again, nor the cafè. And he adapted to it. Promising himself not to remember the happy memories. This was a whole other story in his life, a drastic turn that he was finally catching up too. Letting days on end pass by. But of course he missed the hugs, the comfort, he missed it all, but he didn't want to think about it at all.

The depressive feelings that took over him when he thought about was too hard. That he cut off the thoughts with a pair of scissors. Other than that, he couldn't help but to rely on Chan and Seungmin to live. His will to live was just as strong as before, if not stronger. And he became less and less afraid of the basement, knowing the sounds, the periods they would feed him. He felt more at ease.

"Mine" he heard Seungmin's voice speak, not noticing his presence till he finished the paragraph on the page he was stuck on, folding the paper over as he closed the book. Focusing his attention on Seungmin.

"Where Chan?" Jeongin asked, watching as Seungmin stepped towards him. His hands empty which disappointed the younger a bit.

"Working" he spoke crouching down to the boy's ankles as he unlocked the the chain around the left one. Motioning for the boy to stand up.