6

Eyes.
________________________

The loud sound of banging echoed through the air. As he felt the hard red painted wooden door against his fist. With tears threatening to spill he practically hammered on the door in panic as he felt absolutely terrified. His body shivering as sniffed from a stuff nose from recently catching a tiny cold due to his stupidity of not wearing enough clothes throughout December month. As he looked behind his shoulder to see as if anyone was behind him, spotting nothing but a black van driving and parking right by the pavement to the house he was so urgently trying to get into.

And to his luck the door opened. Showing a very tired and pissed of neighbor who did nothing but yelp in shock when the boy showed himself into their house, without asking for permission first. Slamming the door closed and hurrying to lock it, he felt pure adrenaline rush through his body as he panted.

"What the fuck was all that about!" Chaewon yelled in pure mortified shock, herself cut of guard by the sudden intruder pushing his way inside a house that did not belong to him.

"I" he went to speak plbut coughed in pain. All that running and inhaling air the wrong way, has cause an immense pain to scratch the inside of his throat, making it hard for him to speak for moment. Holding up his hand to signal he needed a brief moment to calm down.

He slipped down to the ground, pushing his knees against his chest as his body was overwhelmed with sweat. His chest rising up and down rapidly as he did not know how to explain the ungoing situation.

Sure his been in touch with Chaewon since they shared their numbers by the park. But I wasn't exactly the nicest thing to just hammer onto a door and barge inside. But boy he had a good reason behind doing so. He was absolutely horrified of what could've have happened if he didn't.

You see. It was just a normal day at work, till the two familiar men showed up. And for the first time, he felt genuine anxiety to speak to the men, having Jane, who worked alongside him today, take their order. Which the men in black seemed certainly dissatisfied about. And he eventually had to clock out extra early, giving that he felt so terrible with such a sharp gaze on his back for hours on end, that he begged Jane to take over today's work.

So not only was it revealed that Jane did definitely lose her cat just a week prior, the day Jeongin saw the exact dead cat outside his window. But also experienced for the first time since the whole situation, that he has been hearing footsteps behind him, picking up space when he did so aswell. And you might think, oh, he turned around and saw who? Absolutely not. Cause he has been convincing himself this whole week that he was imagining things and going nuts, so he wasn't going to turn around to look just to possibly find out whether a person was actually chasing after him or not. And so, he ran to Chaewon's house, banging on the door in complete fear that he was going to be slaughtered alive if he got catched.

"I..I...so I ran, here..because I was being chased...and..and I..sorry give me a moment" he coughed again, trying to calm down his breathing as Chaewon hurried to his side, helping him sit down on the couch instead of the cold, dirty floor.

"Dude..the fuck is happening? Those this have to do with all that's happening..because then I genuinely believe you are crushing the line a tiny bit" she spoke, still in genuine shock over the sudden impact moments ago.

"I'm sorry..I am..i-i was being chased..b-by someone, I don't know who..but they walked when I walked, they ran when I ran..i-i" he stumbled with his words, breathing in deep breaths to control his anxiety. "I was scared I was genuinely going to die" he spoke, finally letting go of the tears that has been threatening to fall.

"These past 10 days you've been experiencing seeing flashes from potential cameras, when being undressed and just working. And you've felt watched and followed, hearing voices when no one was there..seeing a dead cat that I damn well saw too.." Chaewon spoke, sighing before she continued. "And now your being chased?" She scoffed shaking her head.

"I'm not lying I swear! Please just fucking listen to me!" He yelled in frustration, finally, and for once, done with all of this shit that has been leading up to this very moment. "I've been stalked, photographed, framed, and chased from the city to here. I've heard stuff far too good to not be real, I've got blood on my hands..I've taken so many showers that I have rashes and eczema everywhere on my body" he exclaimed, pulling his hair in frustration.

"I'll call the police" Chaewon stated, grabbing her phone as Jeongin did nothing but bite his lips, fear and anxiety rushing through his veins as he looked out the window, a shadow of a man holding a knife stood behind the curtain, disappearing immediately later.

Feeling threatened by the previous image, Jeongin slapped the phone out of Chaewon's hands in a hurry, not knowing if that was a good or bad idea. But he did what calmed him down the most, and if that was to knock his ex's phone out of her hand, then let that be it.

"Dude" she spoke annoyed. "You can't expect me to help you if you just push my phone out of my goddamn hands!" She exclaimed, shaking her head. "I will make a cup of tea for you to calm down on, and then you have to retrieve back to your own house..I have friends coming over this evening and I have to clean" she spoke as she stood up. "Anything in particular?" She asked, referring to the type of tea he wanted.

"The usual" he mumbled, watching her nod as she stood up.

"Just like the good old days" she chuckled.