Epilogue

"What are you doing here?" Dad said nonchantantly.

"I didn't come home for you," I spat back. He raised the glass of wine that he is holding at me. "You wanna get drunk with your old man?" I sat at the chair in front of him and massaged my forehead.

"How's Philippines?"

Nagsalin siya sa isang pang kopita ng alak at dumakot ng ice sa ice bucket. "That's kinda gross," We laughed in unison.

"How's your twin brother? Is he still mad at me?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"That idiot never hate you in the first place. He doesn't consider your existence." I answer in a matter of fact tone.

I grew up in the state and when my mother ask for my custody, My father gave me to my mom right away. I studied in the Phillipines and graduated highschool and college. After that, kinuha ako ni Dad para doon manirahan muli sa America at pinaghandle ng business niya.

I am more comfortable here. I don't need to prove him that I am worth it of anything. He just give me what I need and what I want without hesitation.

Na-brainwash lang talaga si Royce kaya ayaw niyang makita ang tatay niya. Galit na galit saakin ang isang 'yon. How pathetic.

"How about your mom?" My lips form a smirk. I slightly bow my head down to teased him. "I never know that you still has feelings for her,"

My dad shrugged his shoulders and then look at me intently. "When you find the woman whom you want to spent the rest of your life with. Fight for her, make her feel that she is worthy.. Don't prioritize but make her feel that you care for her and you'll always be there."

Suddenly, I started to think of Aila. I met her ages ago. One of Macy's best of friends. Palaging nakapoker face at parang ang laki ng galit sa mundo. Macy is too naive to notice that Aila doesn't like her and too annoyed with her. Lalo na noong sa library? Halatang halata.

In the first place. I thought that maybe she is just a spoiled brat who loves everybody's attention. Hindi kagaya ko na mas gugustuhin na lang na manahimik sa isang tabi kesa maging center of attraction. Ayaw ko ng ganoon.

"Aila does not want to be friend of you." Macy made a face and turn her back on me.

"She is just like that.."

I'm always eyeing on her. The way how she treats Macy.. And the people that surrounds her.

I feel sad about her when someone is talking behind her back. Na kaibigan kuno pero hindi naman totoo iyon. I never been friends with anybody. The reason? Wala lang, ayaw ko ng backstab at mga plastic na tao sa buhay ko.

Am I happy with my life right now? Probably no. Ang hirap makipagsabayan sa nag gagalingan kong pinsan. Uncle Mico—macy's dad always sneered at Macy whenever she's doing something bad at school.

"When I'm gone, i want you to take over my company. I know that you don't want it because of your principles.. But, son.. You and your brother is the main reason why I want to success in life.."

"You're already successful father. Why don't you end your celibacy? Marry again. Or just, enjoy your money,"

Simula nuong naghiwalay sila ni Mommy, hindi na si Daddy lumingon sa iba. Hindi na siya muling nagmahal pa o ni tumingin sa ibang babae. Ganoon kalaki ang pagmamahal ni Daddy kay Mommy. But sadly, fate played.

Ang pagkaka-alam ko. Nuong nagpakasal si Mommy kay Daddy ay batang batang pa siya no'n. Puno ng pagmamahal, but then. My cruel grandfather take a step to ruin their relationship.