Prologue: Ally's Story

Hi, I'm Ally and well I have learned to deal with disappointment by expecting nothing, not getting attatched, and realizing everyone leaves at some point. I live with my um...foster family. My dad raised me until I was 8. When I was 4, my mom died or something like that. My dad stayed until I was 8 but he couldn't care for me. He just didn't want to...or something like that.

One day like normal, dad had to leave for work. He kissed my forehead and said he loved me. Yeah, right. We all know he didn't and he couldn't, said I reminded him too much of mom and he's sorry. I didn't understand and I really wouldn't ever fully understand. I was dropped off at my school and when I got out some strange lady was waiting for me. She asked me to come with her and I did. Well not true, I fought her at first but she pulled the child services badge and told me she was there to help me...

I was taken to foster homes all over. I learned to not hold on tightly and to just stay in one place for a while. Now I live in Colorado with my newest foster family. They want to adopt me. But since we can't locate my father....they can't do it and in three years I have to be relocated to a new home. My new place can only house me for three years and then they legally have to put me back in the system. I dont really understand why they can't take me but then again, I dont want them.

With the three years I get to finish highschool so after that, I am officially on my own. So I guess it doesn't matter when my years expire with then because I will already be alone.

----------------------------------------

I looked around my new room. It was a light lavender on the walls, which were completeley bare, and a small bed with Roxy covers. There was a white desk across from the bed and in the back was a closet. It was a nice size and fit perfectly. I sat on my bed and looked at my small suitcase, aka my backpack. I had few items. Every new house I got tended to throw away what I had before. This is what I was left with. A small backpack with one top, a jacket, and two pairs of jeans.

Just as I started to get comfortable I heard a ding ding ding! Taking the pillow I smacked it over my head blocking out the annoying bell. First day in this house and it sucked. My door broke open showing me the five-year old sister i would have for a couple years. "ALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! DWINNER TWIME YAYYYYY!!!!!!!" Groaning I took her hand and ran down the stairs with her. Oh gee yay....time for dinner with the Axtons.

~Sorry this is pretty short. I'll write more soon. Thoughts???