Chapter 8 - A picnic with the boys

Start from the beginning

Then there was an awkward silence, because I don’t know what I should answer. So we stared at eachother… His face comes closer to mine, but then…

Liam

Now I’m back at home. It was really a great time at Doreen’s, we all have had so much fun. It was really bad to go, but this is a part of my plan. I hope that everything will go good and Harry and Louis will help Niall!

They will let him a time alone with her and then…

Beep. Beep.

Oh my mobile!

“Hello?”

“Liam, it’s me Harry.”

“Hey dude, what happened?” I asked him.

“The plan didn’t work! Niall is so stupid.. he only talks with her.” He says.

“What’s wrong about it?” I can’t understand him.

“They talk! It’s like… ‘we’re friends, but nothing more’ … This!” Harry replied.

“Calm down! You remember, that he didn’t tell his feelings to her?” I asked him.

“Yeah, whatever. We go back now and see what happens.”

“Hmm.. ok. I’ll think about a plan B.” I say.

“Ok. Bye.”

Oh man Harry! He’s so impatient, what’s wrong about talking?! That’s a good way to begin… Hopefully Louis and Harry wouldn’t interrupt Niall…

Niall

“Have you had a boyfriend yet?” I asked her… I must ask her this, because this is one from my question which is every night on my mind.

“No…” She said. “I think I’m too ugly, or-“

Oh no! I can’t hear this anymore.

“Stop! Don’t think or say this again, ok? Because this isn’t true!” I interrupted her.

Then there was an awkward silence. She stared at me and I stared at her. Her eyes have a beautiful blue and her lips look so soft, I wanna know how they feel…

So I move my face closer to hers, but then…

A mobile rings, it was Doreen’s.

“Oh no… why now?” She mumbles so quiet, that I think I shouldn’t have heard it.

“Hey mum. Yeah I’m fine… How is India?” She said.

Bad timing, really bad timing! Why must her mum call her just in this moment, when I wanna kiss Doreen?! I’m a bit angry about her mum and also a bit frustrated.

Suddenly I hear footsteps.. oh no! Harry and Louis come back. They look at me like they know what happened.

In this moment Doreen put down. She looks a bit angry, but when she saws the boys, she tried to smile.

“What happened?” Harry asked.

“Erm.. nothing, but my mum called me and she said that she and my dad wouldn’t come back at home this month.” She replied really sad.

I went to her and lays my arm around her shoulder. “Hey, don’t worry! You have 5 good-looking boys and your best mates Kat and Nic by your side.” I showed her my biggest smile.

“Haha yeah, thank you.” She said and hugs me.

“So you lovebirds, it’s getting dark now. We should go home.” Louis interrupted our hug.

“Yeah let’s go.” I answered.

We packed the picnic basket and walked back to Doreen’s home. When we were a few meter away from her house, we saw that in front of the door stands someone. Who was it? We can’t see who it was, because it’s too dark now, but I think it’s a girl.

“Is this Kat?” Dodo asked when we approach the house.

“I don’t know, but it could be. The curly hair and the height look like Katia.” I replied.

“Hey you. Hello! Are you Katia?” Harry shouted.

“Erm.. no, but my cousins name is Katia and I wanted to visit her. Is this her house?” The girl said.

“No, it’s mine…” Doreen replied.

“I’m Kimberley Jones and you?” She said.

“I’m Doreen Wellington and these are my friends.” She pointed at us.

It was good that it’s dark, because so Kimberley can’t see us right.

“Well Kat is my best friend and she was here today. Did she told you to come to this place?” Doreen asks.

“No… can you please give her this letter from me? Please, it’s really important.”

“Yeah of course!”

“OK thank you! I must hurry up now. Bye.” She says and hugs Doreen. Then she runs away.

“Strange…” I mumble.

Doreen opened the door and we walked into the kitchen.

“Must you boys go now, or can you stay for dinner?” She asks us.

“It dependents on what you’ll cook for us!” Louis says with a cheeky grin.

“Who gives me such stupid answers get nothing!” She replied and showed him her tongue.

“Of course we can stay!” I say and smile.

Louis

While we’re eating the only thing I can think about is Kimberley. This what I have seen from her, I found really amazing. Her curly hair, her eyes which sparkle in the moonlight and her voice.. so wonderful!

But why was she here and not at Katia’s? Or why must she go, she could stay here for a while. And what stands in the letter?

“Lou? Louis.. Hey! Snap out of it!” Doreen says, waving with her hand in front of my face.

“Huh? What?” I replied.

“What are you thinking about?” She asks.

“Well..erm..” I can feel my head turning red. “I thought about.. Kimberley. But not because of this what you think! It’s what stands in the letter, and why she was here.”

“Yeah right. I thought also a bit about the reason… Do you guys think Katia will be angry, when we’ll open the letter before she read it?” Harry asks us.

“Oh boys, no! Kimberley said that’s important for her, that Katia get the letter. So we’ll not open this letter before Katia does!” Dodo says.

“Well Kimberley didn’t say that we aren’t allowed to open the letter.” Harry replied with a cheeky grin.

“Oh man Harry!” Dodo rolls her eyes.

“C’mon we know that you also wanna know what stands inside this letter!” I say cheeky.

“Well ok, but when we get in trouble, you guys must pay for it!” She answered and grabs the letter. “…no I can’t! Please someone from you must open it!” She says and gives Harry the letter with tremble hands.

He opens the letter and begins to read out:

Dear Katia, …