Chapter 171 - Guild! Brothers!

There were nine players all together, all of whom were part of Victorious Return. The Fighter among them engaged the Wild Boar, accompanied by a Priest healing from the rear. Out of the remaining seven, the Thief was still cloaked in stealth. The rest positioned themselves to prevent Paladin of the Elegy and his party from interfering. They consisted of three Mages, one Berserker, and two Paladins.

Both sides stared each other down. The tension was palpable, it seemed like a battle was about to erupt at any moment.

The leader of the party was a Berserker known as Broad Blade. He was approaching thirty years old with a rotund stature, narrow eyes, and a nose bent crookedly in the shape of a hook.

"My friends, I think there's been a misunderstanding. You see, this Wild Boar was discovered by our Thief, and he's been tracking it for a long time. We were already on our way over when you fellows engaged it. Let's not make any rash decisions now, alright? We're from Victorious Return. If we've done anything to offend you, I sincerely apologize..." said Broad Blade with a light chuckle and a squint.

"Bullshit! He's trying to make it sound like we stole the monster from them!" Sugar Cane blurted out.

"Peh! What a lousy excuse! Pretending to act all nice after forcing us off our mob. Do they think we're pushovers? That we'll just let it go after an apology? What's so great about Victorious Return! Are we supposed to be afraid!?"

The other members of Paladin of the Elegy's party voiced their dissatisfaction.

When Broad Blade overheard them, his eyes filled with murderous intent. His lips curved into a sinister smile, "So what you gonna do about it?"

"Give the Wild Boar back to us!" Sugar Cane furiously shouted.

By this time, Paladin of the Elegy calmed down and analyzed the situation. Their party had fewer people, and the quality of their equipment was severely lacking in comparison to their opponents'. If a fight really did break out, they'd undoubtedly get the worst of it. Not to mention Watchful Snail had repeatedly reminded them to just focus on leveling up. It wasn't worth getting into a scuffle over what was likely going to be a single piece of Brozne equipment. Once they leveled up, there'd be no shortage of good equipment in the guild treasury.

"Sugar Cane, forget it, let's just go. We'll get back at them some other time..." Paladin of the Elegy ordered.

"We're gonna leave...? Just like that?" Sugar Cane said in disbelief. He really couldn't tolerate such bullying. Besides, just how many of his fellow guildmates had Victorious Return killed so far? It was only normal for him to feel angry.

"Oh? So you're not brainless after all. Good, make sure to remember our guild emblems the next time you set out. If you see members of our guild, be quick about scurrying out of sight," Broad Blade sneered. He grew even more unbridled when he saw Paladin of the Elegy's group turning to leave. He took that as a sign of them being afraid.

Paladin of the Elegy trembled at Broad Blade's taunting. Even a buddha's tolerance had its limits. He really wanted to fight, but he couldn't ignore the fact that they were outnumbered and outgunned. He struggled to find a solution, when an idea popped into his mind. He didn't have much faith in it, but he sent a message in the guild chat anyway.

Are there any guildmates levelling near Peaceful Dream Valley?

I'm there. Why, what's up?」someone in the guild chat answered back.

Paladin of the Elegy explained the situation, informing everyone in the guild chat of how a group of Victorious Return players had snatched a Leader-class monster from his party.