Chapter 115 - Chapter of Freedom

Having paid the employment fees, Nie Yan noticed a crippled old man slowly walking in his direction.

The moment this old man entered his vision, he heaved a sigh of relief as this was indeed him!

"Milord, I am Insei Rais. My family and I would like to express our deepest gratitude for employing my humble self." Wrinkles covered his face, and his skin was as withered as an old tree bark. In addition to his crippled leg, it was quite difficult to praise him in any way.

Insei Rais has family members? Hmm, now that I think about it... that actually makes sense.

"This is the store I'll be handing over to you. I'll also inform you on how to manage this business." Nie Yan greeted Insei Rais with a small nod, while he contemplated on how to get the most out of this cripple's Diplomacy Skill. For now, I'll just have him look after the shop. It's not like I would have to worry about him stealing merchandise or embezzling money with his thirty-seven Trust... After all, an employee's loyalty is almost guaranteed when their Trust is thirty or over.

While preparing the store for business, Nie Yan instructed Bird to bring the completed Black Phenol over so that it could be sold. He also made a recruitment poster which read: "Hiring Alchemists! Those interested contact XXX." If he wanted the shop to prosper, relying on the future Alchemy King alone was insufficient. He would only be satisfied when he had a large number of Alchemists under his command.

Hmm, what should I name this store...? I'll just call it Starry Night Potion Shop. Nothing too special, while fairly easy to remember.

He instructed Insei Rais to sell the Black Phenol, the recipes, and the raw materials. In addition, to prevent his identity from being known, he hid his name as the shop's owner.

The price of a portion of raw materials was set to twenty coppers, a single bottle of Black Phenol was set to sixty coppers, and a single Black Phenol Recipe was set to thirty silvers. These prices were far above the market price, especially the price of the recipe, which he made ridiculously expensive. Nie Yan planned to start off with these absurd prices, giving the large guilds an opportunity to be the first to buy them. Of course, if they felt that these prices were too high, they were free to go elsewhere. The price of Black Phenol was not going to drop anytime soon, and considering the necessity of this item to progress in the game, there were bound to be people who would buy them. As such, he planned to rob as many people of their money as possible, while the demand still far exceeded the supply, before he would slowly lower the price when the market began to stabilize. Obviously, even at this lower price, he would still make a decent profit.

With everything set up, he inspected the shop. It's still pretty empty, huh. I really need more goods to fill the place up for it to become a genuine business.

The quality of the average Alchemist in Conviction was simply too low at present. Even if he hired a few, they mostly likely wouldn't meet his standards. Therefore, there was no need to hastily start a large-scale recruitment campaign since other shops were likely in the same predicament. Having such thoughts going through his mind, he prepared to leave the shop.

"Eh? Since when was there a potion shop here?" Three players discovered Nie Yan's shop as they passed by the area. After all, how could they not notice it when such a fine, brand-new building suddenly emerged within these slums?

"Let's go have a look."

The three players headed over to the store, and at the same moment, they noticed Nie Yan walking out.

"Hey! When did this shop open up?" The person who greeted him was a Warrior named Very Forthright. He was a very strapping young man who stood at six foot three and had quite a terrifyingly loud and coarse voice.