Chapter 116 - Arcane Fairy

Although Nie Yan's knowledge of the game far exceeded that of any other player in the present, even a glutton wouldn't be able to consume a large meal in one bite. He needed to gather the best equipment, piece by piece, and gradually grow his personal strength. Only then would he be able to widen the gap between himself and other players.

Therefore, these several chapters from the Book of Order were an absolute necessity to accomplish his plans!

The vast region of barren land he had arrived in was encircled by a barrier, deeming it a safe zone in Hems. To reach the area populated by monsters, he would still have to walk quite a distance.

For his plan he could only rely on his intuition and vague memory of the surrounding landmarks to guide him in the proper direction. After he ventured past the first layer of the barrier, a giant silhouette appeared in his vision near the horizon as it lumbered around the expanse that was Hems Wasteland.

Skeleton Kodo!

Hems was home to several types of monsters, and Skeleton Kodos were one of them. They were the remnant spirits of war mounts that had fallen in battle. Reanimated as undead, they wandered these wastelands eternally.

Over three hundred Skeleton Kodos dotted the entire region of Hems. Even if all of them were put to rest, they would simply respawn the next day. These Skeleton Kodos were relatively slow to respawn, but their drops were excellent. If the player was lucky, they might even be able to obtain a Skeleton Kodo Saddle.

When the game developers eventually announced the whereabouts of the Chapter of Freedom, countless teams and guilds had rushed to Hems Wasteland in a bid to be the first to retrieve it. With the sudden influx of players, it became difficult to fight a monster without having the drops stolen. As a result, deaths due to fighting over a single monster were rather frequent.

Nie Yan activated Stealth before gradually making his way toward the Skeleton Kodo, and after drawing close enough, inspected it with Transcendent Insight.

Skeleton Kodo (Leader): Level 23
Health: 1,600/1,600

A Leader-class Skeleton Kodo... at his current level, provoking it would undoubtedly be an unwise decision. Although Undead Rite had a probability of controlling an undead monster, if the skill failed, he would draw the aggro of the targeted monster. It was especially dangerous because these Skeleton Kodos were quite fast when they wanted to be. In addition to the disparity in level, there was no way he would be able to escape.

He needed to formulate a plan if he wanted to take control of a Skeleton Kodo, and the first step would be finding a suitable meat shield.

If I recall correctly, there should be some lower level undead to the east. I'll head there first before deciding what to do.

Nie Yan slowly retreated from the area. Only after leaving the Skeleton Kodo's field of vision did he dare to break his stealth and sprint off towards the east.

About three minutes later, he spotted a few lower level undead. They wielded rusty battle axes and wooden shields as they aimlessly wandered around the barren field.

Skeleton Fighter: Level 15
Health: 800/800

Although Concussive Blow might not be effective against these Skeleton Fighters, with his current stats, he would still be able to handle them with ease.

He activated Stealth, approached one of the Skeleton Fighters from the rear, and then opened with Assassinate.

−128 A damage value appeared above the Skeleton Fighter's head before slowly drifting up and fading away.