Chapter 138 - Beat Heaven Breaker!

Having killed yet another Elite Scaled Frog, Nie Yan walked up to its corpse and picked up the drops, a Level 30 Gold-grade Mage staff and an Intermediate Alchemy Recipe.

Elemental Convergence Potion Recipe

Requirements: Intermediate Alchemist

Properties: Elemental Magic Cast Time −10%

Materials: Windspirit Grass, Congealing Gel, Diffusing Agent, Quicksilver

If Still Grieving, Quiet Nannan, or Bird-whoever reached Intermediate rank first-learned this recipe, he would be able to put Elemental Convergence Potions up for sale in his shop for 2 silver a bottle, a considerable price for today's player base. He had already given Bird permission to access his personal storage, so all of the recipes he picked up from the Zombie Foremen earlier should have already been withdrawn by now. Presumably, Bird had already put them to good use and was now well on his way to stocking the shop up with new goods.

With this potion recipe dropping, his shop would gain another source of income. The potion would attract plenty of player interest, and at the same time, it would also bolster the sales of the other goods in the shop. Aside from the experience, another benefit of hunting high-level monsters was that he would be able to obtain the recipes for potions, pills, and other concoctions that had yet to appear on the marketplace.

After storing the recipe into his bag, Nie Yan handed over the Gold-grade Mage staff to Tang Yao.

As the pair ventured forth, Tang Yao suddenly began receiving calls. He furrowed his brows but would answer them anyway, and more often than not, an awfully grating high-pitched voice would come out from the other end.

Young Sparrow Hawk, bring me levelling with you!

Can't be bothered, I'm busy training in a Level 50 zone right now.」In an unprecedented event, Tang Yao flatly rejected the advances of a girl.

Wow, training in a Level 50 zone must be really fast! Come on, take me with you!

No, I already told you, I'm busy.」Tang Yao hung up the umpteenth call. Women really were a conundrum! When he boasted of levelling in a Level 20 zone, none of them believed him. Yet now that he entered the leaderboards, they suddenly began begging to come along even after he told them a ridiculous lie. They really were too fickle! He still had his sense of reason when dealing with these type of women. When there were no important matters to attend to, he was fine with playing along with them. However, if they actually believed he would let them leech off of him, then they were wasting their breath.

Tang Yao had always been this way.

From when they were kids until they were full-grown adults, Nie Yan had always had a good understanding of Tang Yao's personality. Even though Tang Yao appeared fickle-natured on the surface, he was never someone to blindly fall for a woman's manipulation. In this life or the previous, he more or less remained the same.

Tang Yao was happily whistling to himself. After raising his level, he felt quite at ease. When friends of his, like Yu Lan (Blue Feather), inquired about his recent levelling speed, he simply told them that he was training together with Nie Yan, and then, they would no longer consider it to be out of the ordinary. After all, an existence such as Nie Yan couldn't be judged using the logic of an ordinary player. In the end, they could only feel envious of his position.

As Tang Yao's level rose, the damage he dealt to the Scaled Frogs became much more noticeable.

As flames danced in the air, the third Elite Scaled Frog breathed its last. After glancing at his experience bar, Nie Yan noticed he still had a bit to go before hitting Level 13. Since Tang Yao received most of the experience, he was gradually surpassing Nie Yan in level. With such an event occurring, Nie Yan couldn't help but sigh with regret. Mages were simply faster levellers than Thieves whether it be in solo grinding or dungeon runs. Even though Scaled Frogs gave additional experience to players branded with red names, he was still falling behind his brother.