Chapter 72 - Thief

Elemental Hall Magic, which could only be learned by Elementalists, came from the various Elemental Shrines scattered across the continent. It was divided into sixteen ranks, with rank sixteen denoting the highest possible rank. The Thousand Swallows Burst from just a moment ago was classified as a rank one Elemental Hall Magic. It had a long channeling time, requiring a full set of syllables to successfully cast. The long casting time made it impractical in one-versus-one battles. As for team battles, it could be easily cancelled by a Paladin using Silence. Such reasons made it unsuitable for PvP. Not to mention its lengthy cooldown period, which came to a total of two entire days. Hence, Elementalists that learnt rank one Elemental Hall Magic would only cast them during emergencies. Naturally, if it was a high-level Elemental Hall Magic, for example the rank sixteen Mantra of Silence, it would be an entirely different case.

After Thousand Swallows Burst ended, Candy stealthily circled round a Marsh Monitor’s back. She raised her dagger and struck the back of its head with Smothering Strike. The dagger flickered with a cold glint as she arced the blade through her target’s neck. Her methods were efficient and brutal. The low-health Marsh Monitor stood no chance and collapsed to the ground.

“Flame Slash!” Eternal Sin cleaved down as his greatsword was enveloped by an intense blaze.「Boom!」His blade directly beheaded and cauterized a Marsh Monitor’s neck. The raging flames continued burning until its entire body was charred black.

The five remaining Marsh Monitors charged past and made a bee-line for the three Mages in the rear. However, Eternal Sin roared and stopped them in their tracks by using Taunt!

The moment his Taunt came out, the five lizards immediately aggroed onto him and unleashed a flurry of attacks. −15, −16, −18… Several damage values emerged and rose above his head. Fortunately, his defense was solid, so despite being encircled, these lizards posed no threat.

The Priest in the rear cast Dispel, removing the paralysis debuff, then followed up with Lesser Heal. As a result, Eternal Sin immediately recovered a large chunk of health.

With all five Marsh Monitors aggroed onto him, Eternal Sin brandished his greatsword and activated Whirlwind Slash. Immediately, his spinning blade swept through their bodies and dealt over fifty damage to each.

Su Yan (White Smoke) and the Arcane Mage continued casting spells in the rear.

Despite being besieged by Marsh Monitors, Eternal Sin firmly held his ground like an immovable boulder. The earth was splattered with blood, some from the lizards and some his own. Amidst the madness that shone in his eyes, he erupted in a frenzy intertwined with ruthlessness and bloodlust. His entire being was akin to an enraged beast, his every action hammering fear into one's heart.

Su Yan and the others couldn’t help but tremble when witnessing Eternal Sin in such a state. He was simply a killing machine that maniacally swung his sword for slaughter.

The only one who remained unperturbed was Candy. She curled her lips and uttered, “Boring...” before lightly yawning. She then rummaged through her knapsack and took out a piece of fruit candy that could be bought at the NPC general store. Popping it into her mouth, she entered Stealth and approached a Monitor Lizard from the rear. Smothering Strike! Upon activating the skill, she struck the lizard on the backside of its head with the pommel of her dagger. Now that it was stunned, her blade easily pierced its flesh and sent out a spray of blood.

Eternal Sin and his team had fairly good synergy. Within a brief timespan, they were able to easily make short work of the dozen or so lizards.

Candy retrieved her dagger from a Marsh Monitor’s corpse and calmly wiped off the blood.