Chapter 132 - To Bully Intolerably

Calling Nie Yan fast was an understatement. In one fluid movement, he had thrown the Flash Powder and made his way behind Night Shadow.

Nie Yan knew, from his experience playing as a thief for so many years, exactly which factors would allow him to deal a fatal blow. The first was crowd control, incapacitating the enemy by either stunning, blinding, or doing anything to render them incapable of retaliating in general. The other was speed, speed so astonishingly fast the enemy would be unable to dodge.

After getting behind Night Shadow, Nie Yan stunned him by striking him on the back of the head with Concussive Blow.

Only then did he notice that this Thief actually belonged to Victorious Return. "Tch, it's them again..." Judging from the style of the dark leather armour he wore, Nie Yan recognized it as the Blackwing Set, the best Battle Thief set currently in the game. "He's probably ranked pretty highly in their guild."

However, no matter how big their influence, how skilled they were in battle, or how experienced they were in other VRMMOs, they still wouldn't be able to compete with him!

As for those who might try to mount a sneak attack against him, Nie Yan absolutely wouldn't hold back. Though, before he could finish off Night Shadow, a black ball of fire suddenly emerged out of thin air and flew directly towards Nie Yan.

It's an Arcane Flame Burst!

Shit, he has backup! Nie Yan's mind rang out in alarm. If he continued attacking Night Shadow, then he would have to take a scorching explosion to the back. Since his opponent had teammates interfering, even if he hoped to kill Night Shadow right now, such a thing was now nothing more than wishful thinking. He rolled out of the way to avoid the Arcane Flame Burst. Then, in that same moment, he looked toward the source of the spell and saw a female Arcane Mage at the end of her casting animation. Suddenly, while still in mid-roll, he was hit by Demoralizing Shout.

After regaining his footing, he glanced at his status bar and noticed a new debuff: attack -30%, 20 second duration. With his attack having been reduced to such an extent, he could no longer output enough burst damage to kill Night Shadow even if he wanted to.

This is bad!

Right now, his attack being crippled was the least of his worries. The Zombie King had broken free from its restraints and was charging him from the rear. Meanwhile, a Berserker wearing the Rock Solid Defense Set was rushing at him from another direction.

The Zombie King let out an angry roar as it closed in and slashed at Nie Yan with its bloody claws.

"Let's see how you'll get out of this!" Hidden Blade hollered. From his point of view, Nie Yan was already a dead man.

This situation, a three versus one, was quite troublesome for Nie Yan. Plus, from what he saw of their coordination earlier, they wouldn't be easy opponents to deal with. Adding to that, the Zombie King was fully aggroed onto him. As long as they didn't accidently attack it, its aggro would never shift.

He had effectively been cornered!

To make matters worse, the nearby Night Shadow had finally awoken from his dazed state.

"Don't let him escape! He's that Nirvana Flame the guild leader told us to hunt down!" Night Shadow exclaimed, still feeling traces of fear. If Tangerine and Hidden Blade hadn't arrived in a timely manner, then he would have been a goner for sure.

In his last encounter with Victorious Return, Nie Yan had killed Violet Flame who held a high status in the guild as a member of the main dungeon running team. Since every member was quintessential, Violet Flame dropping a level had set back the entire team's dungeon progression by a day. Not only had he been easily dealt with by a no-name player, but the culprit had also managed to escape! This was no different from the entire guild receiving a ruthless slap to the face! As such, Victorious Return's guild leader, Heaven Breaker, became extremely aggravated and put a bounty on the culprit's head. This was Heaven Breaker's nature. He would follow his ruthless desires without any fear of repercussion and would allow no one to stand in the way of his plans.