Chapter 176 - Warlock

A hectic battle was playing out in the open space below the mage tower, with players of every class scattered all over the place. The area near the back was packed with Mages. Some of them even resorted to standing on top of the branches of the trees surrounding the area. With the glow of magic pulsing from their staffs, they sent a steady stream of spells forward.

A group of several dozen Warriors surrounded the withered old Warlock wearing red robes. His beard frayed from anger, and his entire body ignited with a burning, white soul fire.

He still had a fifth of his health bar remaining. Even so, it would still take the players from Victorious Return more than ten minutes to finish him off.

"Unquenchable Fire of Sodom, your devoted believer beckons you to the distant continent of Atlanta! Let your destructive power consume this land in flames! Wretched heretics, enjoy the embrace of death!" the Warlock let out a cruel, maniacal laugh.

The Warlock waved his staff and summoned a torrent of raging flames that poured forth like a waterfall, instantly engulfing over twenty players. The torrent grew into a giant pillar of fire over three meters high. It was as if it came from the depths of hell. Strings of impressive damage values rose up above the heads of the players caught in the spell. Within three seconds, they were all burnt to a crisp.

Disorder spread among the remaining players. The pillar of flame fiercely burned for five seconds before finally dying down, leaving nothing behind but piles of ash.

The area around the Warlock was immediately cleared of all players.

"What powerful magic!" The person in charge, Skinny Dog, drew in a breath of cold air. Without delay, he adjusted the formation and ordered the Warriors on standby to come up.

"Stay alert!"

"Be quick on your feet!"

A dozen Warriors rushed forward to re-engage the Warlock.

The Warlock unleashed wave after wave of spells that bombarded the surrounding area. The Priests frantically cast Heals as a curtain formed by numerous streams of light gently fell from the sky. There were practically several Priests on one Warrior at all times. The health of the Warriors fluctuated violently, causing anyone who saw them to feel extremely tense.

At their current level, Asskickers United couldn't dream of employing a reckless tactic such as this. They simply didn't have that many high-level players to spare. This, too, separated the fledgling guild from an established guild like Victorious Return.

Nie Yan inched over to a tree just outside the battlefield. The closest player to him was a mere two meters away. It was an Arcane Mage, but they didn't notice his presence. If a Thief could get within two meters of a Mage unnoticed during a battle, that Mage was guaranteed death.

"This Warlock's a real pain to deal with. Knife Scar, get your group ready!" Skinny Dog shouted at the players to the east. Even at such low health, the Warlock still attacked with terrifying ferocity. Skinny dog would have to use that tactic.

"Boss, we're ready!" A tall, robust fellow with a scar across his face yelled back.

Nie Yan looked on, bewildered. Just what were they planning to do?

"All Warriors in the center, retreat!" shouted Skinny Dog.

The Warriors tangling with the Warlock hastily disengaged, while Knife Scar's group each unfurled a scroll. Myriad rays of brilliant light blossomed outward.

Crippling Curse!

Darkness Curse!

Freeze Magic!