Chapter 40 - Setting New Records

“Tsk, so what if he’s an honour student? In my eyes, he’s no more than fart. With a tiny body like that, I bet I could send him flying with a single punch. Hey, babe… What say you and I head over to the hotel tonight and have some fun?” The young man named Bao Wei groped Lin Jia’s perky buttocks with his perverted hand. A moment later, the hand began reaching deeper under her skirt.

“Hehe. You know this is my father’s place, right? If he catches you, he might even beat you to death.” Lin Jia rejected his advances and pushed his hand aside. Nevertheless, her actions and tone were quite gentle as she giggled while reprimanding him.

Nie Yan inwardly sneered when he caught a glance of what was occurring back at the desk counter. Turning his back, he proceeded to the machines to test his strength.

The first machine was to test his pulling strength. Nie Yan sat back and placed both hands on the grips of the machine. “Nhgh…” He heavily grunted and pulled down on the machine handles. Under the sudden change in force, the machine’s display began rapidly flashing with numbers.

「60 kg」→「80 kg」→ 「100 kg」→「161 kg」→「162 kg」

Nie Yan released his grip on the handles when he couldn’t hold on any longer. “Hah…” He gasped heavily for breath.

The value was too lacking when compared to his previous self. However, relatively speaking, it could already be regarded as pretty good with his current physique.

The following machine tested how much weight he could squat. Nie Yan walked up to it and began bearing its increasing weight on his back.

「80 kg」→「90 kg」→ …

The number displayed on the machine steadily increased. It soon reached ninety kilograms, a weight which surpassed the limit of some amateur athlete fighters.

“Hey, what are you looking at?” Bao Wei asked, nudging Lin Jia beside him.

“How is this possible…?” Lin Jia muttered to herself while gazing in a certain direction. Her mind which was reeling back in extreme shock.

“What’s not possible?” Bao Wei turned his head to look in the same direction. He was left momentarily stunned as he stood there with his eyes widened and a blank expression on his face.

It was quite evident Nie Yan’s stature was on the somewhat small and thin side. Yet at this moment, his small body, which bore several times its own weight, was gradually lowering as he squatted down. If one looked, the screen on the squat machine displayed a value of over one hundred and sixty kilograms! Such a scene was simply terrifying… What kind of monster was he?

In international competitions, there was no lack of athletes squatting well over a thousand kilograms. However, these people were all unequaled strong men who’ve gone through specialized training. For the average fighter, it was already quite excellent if they could squat two or three hundred kilograms. Within a small town like Ningjiang, the number of people who could squat over one hundred and sixty kilograms could still be counted on two hands. Just how did Nie Yan possess such a terrifying amount of strength with such a small and thin physique?

After getting one hundred and sixty kilograms on the squat machine, Nie Yan arrived beside the machine that tested punching strength. After a moment of stretching, Nie Yan entered a basic fighting stance. He resembled a cheetah in the moment he struck his fist out.「BOOM!」The sound of his fist hitting the machine reverberated. The screen on the machine displayed a punching force of one hundred and thirty kilograms.

「Punch Strength: A new record has been set!」

Since Ningjiang was a small town, it was even rarer for an expert to frequent a place like the Lin Family Martial Arts Facility. One hundred thirty kilograms was all it took to set a new record in a facility? Others in less remote regions would have felt this was some sort of joke.