Chapter 153 - Ambitions

Nie Yan only knew that a player had collected an Energized Arcane Crystal Core from Everlasting City and used it to resurrect their Arcane Fairy. The only problem was that Everlasting City was a Level 40 zone! The Machanical Golems there were machine-type monsters that had very high defense and were extremely tough to deal with. Even though Tasoyi Village had Magic Bombs for sale which were especially effective against machine-type monsters, such expensive items weren't something ordinary players could afford. Even he felt hesitant about using them.

"Nirvana Flame, please tell me how I can resurrect my Arcane Fairy! I need to know!" Tang Yao asked somewhat emotionally. He didn't expect that he'd suddenly see a glimmer of hope in his despair.

"It won't be possible for the time being. We'll have to head to Everlasting City to search for an Arcane Energized Crystal Core, but the monsters there are Level 40. We're too weak right now, so there's no way we can go there."

"A Level 40 map?" Tang Yao was a bit taken aback. "How do you know all this?"

"The library and the official website. A quick search on the official forums should get you the answer on how to revive an Arcane Fairy." Since Nie Yan couldn't exactly reveal himself as a reincarnated person, he pinned everything on the library and the forums. Conviction was true to life in the sense that players would often find themselves growing attached to their familiars after spending every waking moment in the game with them. Hence, when these familiars died, many players would try to employ a method to revive them. However, these methods were often more difficult than obtaining the familiar in the first place. So generally only a few foolhardy and determined players would go on to attempt the arduous task. Even if they couldn't find what they were searching for in the short term, they would still see a shining glimmer of hope, and given enough time, if they still failed to succeed, they would calm down and move on.

Tang Yao did a search on the official forums, and indeed, three methods came up for reviving an Arcane Fairy. The first method was using an Energized Arcane Crystal Core. As a very rare form of crystal, it had a wide range of applications but was mostly used in manufacturing Mechanical Golems. It could be found in Level 30 maps or above, but it was exceedingly rare with only a few crystals existing within certain specials maps. The second method was using a Revival Stone, a stone that could revive any familiar, but it only started dropping from Level 60 maps onward. Due to its rarity, a single Revival Stone was worth far more than an Arcane Fairy. In fact, it was only worthwhile to use a Revival Stone on a Rank 5 Arcane Fairy. Anything less would simply be too much of a waste. To illustrate, in Nie Yan's past life, a single Revival Stone could be traded for over a hundred Rank 3 Arcane Fairies. The third and final method was using a Divine Wish Stone. It was so priceless that there didn't even need to be a discussion on how laughably wasteful it would be to use on an Arcane Fairy.

Of course, these methods were the ones achievable in the Viridian Empire. Other places such as the Spring of Life in the Sacred Land of the Fairies in the Satreen Empire, or the mysterious Fate Items in the Land of the Undead all had the ability to resurrect Arcane Fairies and other familiars.

Even though there were so many ways available, out of all of them, Nie Yan's was the most reasonable. At the very least, he knew where he could find an Energized Arcane Crystal Core laying around.

"Wait until we level up some more, then I'll help you revive your Arcane Fairy!"

Having these words, Nie Yan patted him on the shoulder. Tang Yao felt touched and nodded his head.

At that moment, Guo Huai walked up to them. Of the reinforcements he had brought along, only he and three others survived.

"You guys didn't die! That's great," Guo Huai said as his face lit up with joy. It didn't matter how many of their players died as long as Nie Yan and Tang Yao survived, especially the latter. If Tang Yao died, it would be an absolutely devastating blow to their fledgling guild.