fourteen | 7 days & 7 reasons ⬦

Book: 7 Days & 7 Reasons

Author: Naomi100112

Genre: Short Story/Romance

COVER

If I am completely honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of this. I definitely think it could've stood out more. Also, I don't like the font. I have taken a look at the covers of some other books you have published, and I really like them! It's a shame that this cover wasn't as good as the rest.

BEGINNING

This was not only adorable but so eye-catching. A good start is sure to engage readers and you did just that. It was extremely unique!

GRAMMAR

There weren't many issues with this. However, there was the occasional error:

Original: 'why are you always in your room.'

Edited: 'why are you always in your room?'

Original: 'lights up with her beautiful smile that will make my heart melt no matter how many times I see it.'

Edited: 'lights up with her beautiful smile that will make my heart melt, no matter how many times I see it.'

Original: 'I love you because you were always with me especially when I needed you.'

Edited: 'I love you because you were always with me, especially when I needed you.'

When I got to the second chapter, mistakes seemed to get a little more prominent:

Original: 'I know I don't show that I love you but in you knew..'

Edited: 'I know I don't show that I love you, but if you knew...'

Original: 'It's been at least 3 years since I've worn, let alone seen that hoodie.'

Edited: 'It's been at least 3 years since I've worn, let alone seen, that hoodie.'

Original:After all this, I wanted to give you something a little less deep if you will and more lighthearted...'

Edited: 'After all this, I wanted to give you something a little less deep, if you will, and more lighthearted...'

PLOT

The plot itself was so creative! I loved the idea and am literally obsessed. Things like this, really appeal to me, as it isn't something that I come across regularly on Wattpad. I think this book is a real hidden gem!

TIME SKIP

So from falling asleep, to suddenly waking up with Starr, perhaps you should consider adding something that breaks it apart. Even if it's just writing it one line down (I'm bad at explaining things lmao), to differentiate it from regular paragraphs. Okay so I noticed you used the stars for the time skip in chapter 2, so perhaps consider doing it in the scene I mentioned too.

DETAIL

Your storyline was so amazing that I just wanted more! More detail. I'm assuming there's only going to be about 7 chapters, so make the most of it! Really expand on scenes. I felt you missed opportunities where you could explore and go into depth with scenes. I recommend taking time and care when developing scenes.

OTHER

So this may just be a personal ick and I'm definitely not saying you have to change it, but you have said:

'It lasts 7 seconds,' when referring to the kiss.

Personally, this pretty off-putting. Instead of saying the kiss was 7 seconds, perhaps describe the kiss more in detail. Describe each second... if that makes sense? For example

'my lips interlock with hers as I gently stroke the side of her face, placing strands of hair behind her ear. Our scents intermingle. Hers sweet. Mine a musk. I gently break through the barrier between our tounges, keeping them at bay, and soon they are in a battle for dominance. Before one can win, I break away, weary that soon I will be unable to have this. The taste of strawberry lingers on my tongue as I watch Starrs face light up with her beautiful smile...'

OVERALL

This story left me speechless. This was an extremely successful novel and I cannot wait for more updates. You are a truly talented writer with a very creative streak. Your chapters really connected with the reader - and I literally sobbed whilst reading. You did an amazing job at portraying the tremendous difficulties in their relationship and I'm almost scared (in a good way) to read further chapters.