Chapter 19 : Peeping into Past

Riddhima was seating infront of mirror, other female were helping her to get ready for mehndi ceremony.

Samar's mother Smita came with some jewellery, upon her arrival other females addressed her baisa and said "ghani khamma"

Smita : "Khamma ghani, I want to talk with Riddhima."

Everyone disperse now only Smita and Riddhima were in the room.

Smita : "You are still the same Riddhima, I can feel your pain but samar is adamant towards this. You know in past also I and samar's father were against of child marriage, but...."

Before she could complete her sentence Riddhima said "but you people are only responsible for for my miserably life" tears were rolling down from her eyes.

She dwelled in her past.....

Nineteen years ago......

She, her mother , Rohan and her father Parag were leaving in Jaisalmer. Their condition wasn't good interms of money. Her father had bad habit of gambling.

Her mother used to work in their fields and she was the only bread earner of their family.

At that time Riddhima was six years old and Rohan was three.

On one such day Riddhima was working in their field with her mother. Just then samar's grandfather  bhairav was passing by their fields who happened to be sarpanch (main person of a Village) of the Jaisalmer.

He saw Riddhima,

"How beautiful and fragile this girl is, and she is working like a maid in this hot day. She isn't meant to work like maid, she can be my samar's wife and bindani (daughter in law) of my haveli."

Soon he got details of Riddhima and her home condition. At that time child marriage was most common thing, but Naina was against it so none had guts to ask about Riddhima's marrige.

Next morning bhairav went to Riddhima's home, where only Parag was there. As soon as he saw bhairav he ran towards him "Khamma ghani sarpanch saa... Please welcome. It's my pleasure that you have come to my place."

Bhairav : "I have some work with you."

Parag : "Anything for you saa"

Bhairav : "I want your daughter for my grandson samar."

Parag : "Sarpanch saa, I and Naina are against of child marriage."

Bhairav : "fair Enough, well I have heard that you have lacs of rupees debt which you have lost in gambling and your wife is the only bread earner. Parag .... Let me be very straight with you. If you say yes for this marrige I will give you fifty lacs. From which you can clear all your debts and can live happily in future."

Parag was thoughtful, after few minutes "I am ready sarpanch saa."

Bhairav : "I knew it you couldn't refuse my offer. Then it's fixed next week we will have marriage of samar and Riddhima."

Parag : "No worries sarpanch saa , I will handle everything"

Bhairav leaves, when Naina came from fields she came to know about this.

She bursted to Parag "how can you do this to our daughter. You sold your own daughter Parag."

Parag slapped her tightly "shut up you fool, Riddhima will be daughter in law of sarpanch saa. And he came by his willingness. There was no point to say no. Now stop showing tantrums and start preparion of her marrige."

Riddhima was listening everything and crying, Naina came to her hugged her.

At Samar's place.

His father Vishnu and mother Smita were also miffed with bhairav.

Vishnu : "Bapu saa... You didn't do right. You litrally bribed that man."

Bhairav bursts at vishnu "Keep quite vishnu, you think you have graduated so you can give me lecture. But don't forget I am still your father. It's been fixed now. Start preparing, it's my grandson's marriage."

Both were helpless as Bhairav never listened to anyone.

************************************
One by one every rituals are going to get completed.

Finally the day has come when Riddhima was getting married to samar.

They have choosen shiva temple situated in center of gadisar lake. Whole temple was decorated with flowers. Drums and clarinet were spreading its music in the whole temple.

Priest was chanting holly chants of marriage. Samar was seating in the madap.

Soon priest said to bring bride into the mandap. Riddhima was crying miserably as she didn't want to marry but she was helpless. Naina and other females brought her to the mandap.

After few rituals, priest asked samar to fill hairline of Riddhima with vermilion. When Samar was filling vermilion Riddhima was feeling terrible.

Then he asked both to stand up for feras....

Riddhima was crying while doing feras around holly fire. Then priest announced that they are married from today.

Samar was on cloud nine seeing such beautiful girl as his wife.

Both took blessings of their elder ones. Then the time comes for Bidaai.

Riddhima and Naina were crying inconsolabliy. Riddhima wasn't leaving her mother's hand, as she was still child. But Bhairav jerked her hand and made her seat in palki....

Naina was disheartened as her only daughter got married in her childhood.

It's late night.....

Riddhima was sleeping with samar's mother. Meantime Parag came to Bhairav's room.

Bhairav : "how dare you come to my room Parag?!"

Parag : "sarpanch saa, as the part of our deal I have fulfilled my part now it's your turn to fulfill yours "

Bhairav started laughing "so you really thought that I will give fifty lacs, you mindless greedy man. I am not going to give you single penny."

Parag grabbed his collar "you tricked me, I will not leave you "

Riddhima and Smita heard sound of their quarrel they came out of their room.

Parag : "Come Riddhima, we are going to our home. Bhairav saa this marrige has been over, I am taking my daughter with me."

Bhairav : "your daughter?! No... Now she is my daughter in law. Leave her hand or else I will forget what relationship we are sharing."

But Parag was adamant he hold Riddhima's hand and making his way to main door. Just then bhairav took his gun and aimed at Parag.

Bang of bullet echoed into the whole mantion. Parag was lying in pool of blood.

Riddhima : "Bapu.... !!!" She screamed....

Vishnu and samar also came running towards the main door. Vishnu was shocked seeing the scenario.

Smita hugged Riddhima where Riddhima was crying inconsolabliy by resting her head on Parag's lifeless body.

Guys... This is it for today's chapter....

I know I am being so so cruel , but guys believe me I am also equally affected by the story.

I will try to update soon....

Till then stay safe stay happy....

Story will be continued in next chapter....