TWENTY-THREE

jasper

honey's pov
i wake up to sirens blaring up and down the streets. "what the fuck happened this early" i groan, flipping onto my side with the pillow covering me face. "holy shit honey, you need to see this" she turns on my tv and turns to the news. i see joker's car from afar, a building in flames and many police, ems and firetrucks. "we have a witness here. tell us what happened" the news reporter passes the mic and the cameras shows a young girl, a little younger than me. her eyes had tears streaming down them and she was shaky. i felt genuinely sorry for her and how she had to witness what she witnessed. "it was terrifying. the joker and his sidekick came in with guns and bags. he put me on the spot and said if they didn't empty out the vaults, they blow it up. no one believed him so he put a gun to my head" she cried with some sniffles here and there. there was a video showing harley and joker cuffed as they put straight jackets around them and shoved them into arkham's van. arabella turns off the tv and looks at me. "what" i came off a bit rude but i wasn't in the mood. she pursed her lips and turned her attention fully towards me. "i'm glad you're not with him anymore. that could've been you and i know how much you hate arkham" she said as concerned field her voice. i slowly nod, taking in her words. i get up and walk downstairs to make me some breakfast even though it's 3:00 in the afternoon. ara soon comes down the stairs, taking a seat at the island. "any plans today" she asked tapping her hands in the island, making a beat. "uh i was gonna help you with your wedding planning" i blankly said, putting my oatmeal in the microwave. she gives a slight nod and fiddles with the fingers. "so who else is going to be in the wedding?" "i don't know my cousins and his brothers" she said very uneasy and unsure. "how about the dogs" "they're gonna be there but not i the wedding" now i give a slight nod, the timer goes off and i take my bowl out of the microwave. "what time are we leaving to go to the venue?" i asked coming around the island to sit next to her. "eh in about two, two and half hours. jason and one of his brothers are suppose to meet us there" "well fuck me well, that means i have to meet him" i groan, stabbing my spoon into the oatmeal. "hey this will be great, he is going to be the best man, so you'll get to know him" she smiles, i send her a smile back and continue to eat.

~30 minutes later~

"hey ara are you ready to go" "yeah i'll be out in the car" she yelled, i walked to my shoe rack and pick out my all black vans. i jog down the stairs and leaving out the front door, locking it and hopping into the car. "first we're going to the venue and then if they need anything else, we'll go get decor" she clarified. i nod and we leave out of the driveway. we make it to the venue where it was a nice big building. "holy shit this is huge" "hey i wanted to go out big" she chuckles, we get out the car and she leads the way. we walk in and it's a lobby, she takes me through the big double doors. i look up and the ceiling were beautiful, they were like those painted ceiling but it was stained glass. "hell yeah you two did go out" i chimed in amazement. "hey honey come over here. i'd like you to meet someone" i look at ara and jason waving their hands, signaling me to come over. i get over there, and see this nice in shaped guy. he dressed formal, his eyes were an emerald green and his hair was floppy with a middle part. i look him up and down as he looked at ara and jason. "honey i'd like you to meet my younger brother, jasper" his eyes dart to me as he checks me out. i little smirk appears on my face as i look away.  "jasper" "honey" we don't shake but we trade looks at each other every here and there. "if it's fine with you honey, i'd like you to go with jasper to get some things" jason announced, catching my attention, i give him a slight nod and follow jasper out of the venue to his car. i get in his car which was a fine black jaguar. "so you're the one who hangs out with the joker" "not anymore no. he had harley and plus i'm really productive on my own" i stare out the window, taking in the view of the city. after that it was complete silence. i could feel his eyes on my every now and then. we eventually got the wedding decor store. "did they give you a list" he shakes his head but we walk in anyways. the store was pretty big, it had aisles of wedding decor. jasper calls his brother while i walk off looking at the things. "holy shit i would get this mirror just for myself. wait why do they have mirrors in a wedding store" i shake off the thought and start to take pics. jasper comes from behind me while i was taking a video and smiles. i post it on my story and we go looking for the decor they asked for. "so they asked for ribbon, plates, cups and things related to that in purple and gold" i get a cart and we start looking for the things.

~an hour later~

we walk out the store putting everything in his trunk and driving back to the venue. we finish decorating everything, by this time it's 10:00 at night. "i would definitely pass out in this place" i groan from being tired. "we can go to jasper's apartment. it's not far from here it's like 10 minutes" jason said. "wow this is gonna be fun. honey you can learn more about him since you'll be walking down the aisle with him" ara squeals, she takes jason's arm and they walk out. "i guess you'll be riding with me" jasper smirked, i send a wink back and we walk to his car. as soon has i hit his seat, i instantly fall asleep.