E L E V E N

(Repeat Snowman by Sia)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Thursday
December 25, 2016

I stand here in the middle of the living room watching everyone poor in and gather around. Everyone who's still here that is.

Julissa and her dad left to go make some more stops, my guess is to see their extended family. "I hope everyone is ready! It's your favorite part of today." I smile walking over to my bag that's sitting on the coffee table. They are now all sitting around the living room or at the bar. "You are so extra, you know that? You could have given us our gifts earlier." Cam complains, I can tell she just hates how bubbly I get over this. That and she really wants her gift. I reach into the bag pulling out my Santa hat. I really like to get into the spirit during this part...

I search through the bag finding the small velvet box that says Cam on it and the small box that says Lisa on it.

I make my way over to Cam's couch and hold her gift out in front of her. "You don't have to be so bitter... lighten up." I pull it away from her, I wait for her to give me a smile. It's so obvious she's annoyed with me, but nevertheless she forces a smile and I hold it back out.

"See, that's better, Merry Christmas." She takes the gift from and gives me a smile. I turn my head looking beside her moving to Lisa next.

Lisa's golden smile takes over her face as I hand her the same velvet rectangle shaped box as the one I gave Cam. "Thank you, I wonder what it is?" She shakes the box, hearing something slide around the box. "Only one way to find out." I wiggle my eyebrows with a smile. They both take the top off and open their boxes.

"A paid spa day for three... thank god. I need this." Lisa kisses the card making me laugh. I knew she'd appreciate it. Next is my dad and Sean, I walk back over back to the bag listening to Cam speak up. "And we get our nails done?! I take you being extra back." She jokes, playfully, I roll my eyes dismissing her quick change of attitude.

Sean gives a fake 'Ah hmm' bringing the attention to him. "For three? Obviously I must be the third person." Yeah, I hope he's not actually anticipating on going on that spa day. The third is for me... like a mother daughter day with the 'woman who's not my mom but might as well be'.

'To dad' and 'To Sean' the next two boxes read, their boxes are a lot heavier together. So much so that I almost fall over walking the gifts to them. They all laugh finding it so funny, but I get my balance back laughing a little at myself too.

Ethan has a smile on his face, but he's not laughing. Unlike every one else he's the only one not laughing at me. "You okay?" He mouths to me, he's the only one to show any concern. "I'm fine." I mouth back with a light smile. "You're supposed to ask if I'm ok before you start laughing. Have some respect. You two almost don't deserve these." I aim at my dad and Sean who are laughing the hardest. I hand both of them their boxes feeling a little annoyed with them.

"You'd laugh too if we looked the way you did just then." Sean jokes, ha ha he's so funny....

I back up still standing in-front of them, watching them as they tear through the wrapping paper on their gifts.

Sean is first to get the wrapping paper off of his. He opens the now unwrapped wooden box, almost immediately he drools over the tools inside. He looks up at me smiling after admiring the gift I got him. "And you say you hate when I grill the food." He teases holding up the fifteen piece barbecue tool set I got him. I absolutely do hate when he grills, but it also makes him happy when he's on the grill.

My smile turns into a little laugh before I speak up.

"Oh I do, hopefully these will help you learn to get better." Someone needs to teach him that food should be cooked all the way.