F O U R

(Repeat Runaway by Aurora)

Zhavia's Of View
Tuesday
December 23, 2016

"You look like shit." Cam says, she FaceTimed me and I almost didn't pick up. I'm downstairs in the kitchen trying to make some scrambled eggs. I have the phone propped up so she can see me. "I feel like it." I sprinkle some shredded cheese on the eggs and continue to scramble them.

"Are you okay?" Her voice makes her seem a little worried. I scoff looking up at the phone, and then back at the eggs. "That's a loaded question babe."

"Z I'm serious, you look exhausted." I am, I didn't get much sleep last night, I just couldn't stop crying and by the time I did it was already five a.m, I went to sleep for maybe an hour, I've been up for two hours now. "Don't worry about me, seriously." Everyone has got to stop, stop worrying about me.

"I'm going to worry about you, you're going through a lot right now."

"Z, I forgot to give you this back last night." My dad speaks up coming down the stairs. I turn around looking at him, he places my phone on the table and start towards the front door. "Thanks, where are you going?"

"I've got a few errands to run. Don't worry I won't be gone too long. Love you!" He races out the door.

"Love you too-" The door shuts cutting me off. I walk over to my phone, I've missed this thing. I haven't been able to talk to anybody who didn't have the Apple ID I had to create on the phone that Ethan gave me.

"Is that your phone?" Cam asks as walk back to the stove turning it off. I dump the eggs on to my plate that already has two strips of bacon on it.

"Yup, now I can give Ethan his phone back." I grab my fork and the phone walking my plate over to the table. "Are you coming to their birthday bash?" I shrug, I kinda want to go for Ethan.. "It's probably best that I don't. Did he tell your parents... that we're over?" I keep my head down, I don't want her to see my reaction.

"He's barley said anything since we got back. I told mom and dad that you two decided it's over, and even though I wanted to... I didn't tell them why." I nod feeling a little relieved, the last thing I want is for Lisa and Sean to look at me differently, or anyone for that matter. "Are they mad at me?"

"Of course not, they just want to know that you're okay. They're really hoping you come over tonight, E really wants you here too."

"Is that supposed to make me want to show up?" I laugh a little before taking a bite of my eggs. I power on my phone since I just got it back I know there are bound to be thousands of notifications.

"I mean I hope it would, I'm not stupid Z I see the way you two look at one another." I furrow my brows chewing slowly.

"Cam..."

"Don't, you don't have to defend yourself. Not this time, Z Gray put you through a lot and as much drama as I know it could cause you and Ethan obviously care about each other." Why the hell isn't she yelling at me. This is the part where she would tell me how had of a friend I am.

"So..." I speak up, that can't be all she's tying to say.

"So... I'm going to make things less dramatic and just let you two be. I have to stop pretending I know what's best for all of you. I know E and Gray will fight about it, but they will also hash their shit out. They're big boys, so do what makes you happy, just please-"