T H R E E

(Repeat All Three by Noah Cyrus)

Zhavia's Of View
Monday
December 22, 2016

Ethan has barley said six words to me since this morning. I don't just want to sit here in silence, I wish I were sitting next to Cam but she decided that she was the one who should sit next to Grayson.

Julissa hates planes so she's riding back with the rest of the track team today.

I just can't get over Ethan ignoring me. Grayson came to our room to give me my luggage...

And flowers... As a thank you slash I'm sorry for last night. I think he got the wrong idea of what went down last night. That wasn't me saying 'we can get past this' especially after finding that wrapper.

It was me being scared for him because I care. Ethan probably thinks something went on between Grayson and I. I just want things to stop being so dramatic. I feel the need to explain myself and we aren't even together...

"Ethan.." I turn my head to look at him seeing him on his phone, scrolling through Instagram. He just ignores me, it's not like he can't hear me, he doesn't have his ear buds in. "Ethan." I say more sternly this time, he stops scrolling, looks at me, and then looks away, giving his attention back to his phone.

This is insane.

I grab his phone taking it out of his hand, just like that I know have his attention.

"Yes Zhavia?" He finally speaks up, the sound of him using my name and not my nickname makes me want to cringe. "Can you not act like a child?" He shrugs.

"I'm not acting like a child. I just don't want to do this."

"Do what?"

"Just give me my phone." I shake my head. "Not until you tell me why your being like this." He shakes his head, annoyed. "You know why I'm being like this, I just really don't want to play games with you. You kiss me, tell me you want me, and then you sneak out to go to Grayson and then he brings you flowers... you're giving me whiplash Z." That's exactly how Grayson was making me feel, in the beginning... after Julissa came back...

The last think I want Ethan to feel is the way I did.

"This isn't a game, I want to be honest with you, all the time."

"Then be honest, tell me the truth ." I feel like he's expecting me to tell him something happened last night. "The last thing I want you to feel is how Grayson made me feel. I told you how I feel about you because I don't want it to be a secret, I don't want to lie to you, but I'm far from ready to be with you right now."

He nods understanding. "Okay." He shrugs.

"Okay?"

"Yeah, okay Z. I respect it.. just don't kiss me anymore.." I furrow my brows a bit confused, but also a little amused at the same time. "What?" He asks seriously reading my expression.

"You're asking me not to kiss you anymore?" I ask

"No, I'm telling you not to. I don't want you kissing me, not while you're also kissing my brother or doing whatever the hell it was you were doing for two hours. I've been there before... I don't plan on going back."

"I wasn't kissing him... we didn't do anything." He just nods with a little smile, an annoying smile.

"If you say so..." He says with such a condescending tone.

"I'm being serious, we didn't."

"I believe you." I shake my head to myself smiling, handing him his phone.