E I G H T

Zhavia's Of View
Wednesday
December 24, 2016

"Dad! Gross that smells so bad!" This man acts like he can't go to the bathroom and fart, this is what I get for agreeing to watch a movie with him. "Gross? Child I used to have to change your diapers. That's what's gross." I throw some of my popcorn at him before shushing him.

"Um 'shh' hell, you better clean all this damn popcorn up while you're throwing it everywhere." He says before proceeding to eat some of the popcorn I threw at him. Our doorbell rings and he looks at me, I know I'm going to have to get it. "Yeah, I'll be sure to clean it up before you eat it all." I joke walking past him only for him to continuously throw some popcorn at me until I reach the door. "Hey! Chill out." I say before I open the door.

Fucking Grayson.

Can I catch a fucking break?

I open the door enough for me to step out, and I close it behind me. The first thing I notice is the box in his hands. "What do you want Grayson?" I cross my arms, it's cold and I'm in a fucking Christmas wonsie. He looks me up and down smiling a bit, I'm guessing it has to do with my wonsie. I take off my hood, hopefully he'll take me a bit more seriously without it on.

"Wow, calling me Grayson... and you're crossing your arms. I thought you could never be mad at me. Cute pajamas by the way-" He says condescendingly. "It's Christmas Eve and I'm having a movie marathon with my dad okay, just tell me what you want." He nods dropping his smile taking me a bit more seriously.

"Yeah- sorry, I'm not trying to waste your time. I just wanted to give you your things back. The last thing I want is to drag this out for you. So I put everything in here." He hands me a box... a box full of my stuff.  I place it on the ground nodding slowly... "No ulterior motive?" I ask, my brows slightly furrowed and my arms still crossed.

He shakes his head softly.

He reaches for my hair, pulling a piece of popcorn out of it dropping it to the ground. I give him a little nod and and a half smile lazily thanking him without saying it. "I put you through a lot, I can see that. I can see that I'm probably the worst thing for you." I cock an eyebrow nodding. "Mmh..." I sound completely skeptical, because I am.

"I'm serious, you want to move forward. Me standing in the way of that would do nothing but prove I'm the ass you think I am." I shake my head disagreeing. "I don't think you're an ass... I know you are." He nods smiling a little making me do the same. "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion-"

"Opinion? There are plenty of hard facts that'd prove you to be an ass." He acts shocked, his face saying 'oh'

"So what you're not an ass? Because there is plenty of evidence that-"

"Oh no, I'm a complete ass. I'm the one who's bouncing from you to your brother that right there is ass behavior. I'm not denying that." His smile drops and the air immediately becomes awkward when I mention Ethan and I. "Can't... can't disagree with that." He looks side to side before nodding.

"You know Grayson, mind if I call you that? While we're on the topic I heard that you think me 'exploring' things with Ethan is just to hurt you. The way you hurt me."

"He told you..." He speaks up nodding again.

"Yeah, he did, but then again you were hoping he would weren't you?" I turn my head to the side a bit.

"We both know you love that you two playing house is going to make me feel like crap." I nod, he's right I thought about it, and that does put a wan ness in my heart... "But we both know that's not why I'm doing it. 'Playing house' with Ethan is goes deeper than pissing you off or trying to break even." I bend down picking up the box, speaking up again.