SCAVENGER HUNT

*THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE!*

Read 'IT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR' before this chapter!

***

"Cut the shit. What's happening?" I lean against my counter facing Mitch, crossing my arms over my chest copying his position from in front of me. Just by the way he's standing, he seems closed off.

"Low, I told you. She's at those lessons." He sounded defeated and I have no clue why. Is it because I'm asking what was wrong?

"She didn't tell us and she never has them this late in the day. Why do you sound like you're already over this conversation?" I try to keep my questions at a minimum, I don't want to overwhelm him before we even start to talk.

"Just leave it. Just know she won't be here." Mitch closes his eyes and huffs out.

"Is there something wrong between you two?" I whisper just in case he wants this to be more private, which I completely understand. Before Mitch answers, he uncrosses his arms and rubs his hands over his face like he was trying to wipe away all of his negative emotions.

"Don't worry about it Low, it's fine." He stares right into my eyes from the other counter, his tone making it sound like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

"I'm your best friend, right?" I throw the question out there.

Hopefully this plan doesn't backfire on me.

"Have you gone mental? Of course you're my best friend Willow." He's starting to slowly get annoyed, which is only proving my point that something is wrong. Mitch gets irritated quickly when he's stressed, other than that he would normally be his witty calm self.

"Hm, maybe I'm not." I roll my eyes and pretend to actually be offended by his attitude. I know I'm playing with fire getting him riled up... it's almost like I'm poking a bear with a stick right now.

"Willow, shut up." Mitch walks over to the fridge and pulls it open, pretending to look for something even though I can clearly see the open water bottle on the counter that he already got.

"Hey dumbass, your waters on the counter."

Mitch snaps his head to glare at me and then slams the fridge door shut, making me slightly flinch. He turns around and throws his hands towards his side in annoyance.

My presence is annoying him, which is a part of my plan. He needs to let whatever is making him so uptight out of his system, it takes a lot to get Mitch like this. And right now, he seems to hate that I'm talking to him.

"What is your problem?" He snaps.

"Is everything okay in there?" I hear Milo speak up from the living room with Harry. At some point, they turned on the television and started watching a random soccer game.

They turned up the volume to probably mask out Mitch and I, but they clearly heard the slam of my fridge.

"Yeah, just dandy. Keep watching your foot fairies." I hear Milo scoff out at my slander against soccer. He used to play when he was a kid, but he wasn't very good at it... but he could go on for hours talking about the game.

Well that isn't saying much, Milo could go on about any topic under the sun if you were willing to listen. He loved talking more than a spokesperson I swear. 

I hear the game resume, giving me the queue to keep talking to Mitch, "What's my problem? Mitchie, you're acting like a ticking time bomb. Do you hear yourself?"