ACROSS THE SEVEN SEAS

"Seriously, don't worry Sarah. Kiggy will be fine, though you may come back to a meatball for a cat with all the extra treats I'm gonna give her ." Sarah gasps, slapping her hand over her chest pretending to be in shock.

Today was the day the love birds leave to go write music and the day that Milo and I take on the world together for a full month. I know I may be acting overdramatic, but that's what friends do when, not one, but two of your best friends are leaving you for a month and only gave you three days in advance to prepare.

When I agreed to drop them off at the airport today, I didn't know that I would have to wake up at 5:30 in the goddamn morning- who even schedules a flight that early? I may be a morning person, but no way in hell was it possible for someone to be in a good mood this early, especially when I finally fell asleep at four in the morning to get woken up an hour later by the piercing noise of my alarm clock filling my room.

The forty-five minute ride here had pushed the chances of a good mood even stirring inside me when Sarah fell right to sleep in the back behind me and Mitch was talking the whole drive.

I tried to turn on 'Someone New' by Hozier in hopes of drowning him out, but it only played for just a few seconds before Mitch turned it off.

***

"What the hell was that for?" my head snapped in the direction of the passenger seat to glare daggers at Mitch. I mentally cannot deal with his shit this earlier right now.

"Who doesn't offer the passenger in the vehicle aux? What a great uber you would be. I would give you 3 stars, but only because you have seats that can be heated."

No way in hell is he trying to be funny right now.

I haven't had any caffeine yet and I was so exhausted.

Maybe him leaving for Jamaica would make him come back less of a sarcastic bundle of a fuckwit.

"You have five seconds to plug my phone back in and turn my playlist on before I shove your dumbass out of the car while I drive at full speed." I'm gripping the steering wheel so tightly that my rings are about to leave cuts in my fingers.

I usually never get annoyed, but when I do all hell breaks loose and my friends know that.

"Jesus, okay. Who pissed in your cheerios, you ray of fucking sunshine?" Mitch scoffs while grabbing my phone again, to turn on 'Go Dumb' by The Happy Fits and having it play through the speakers softly so it doesn't wake up Sarah.

"You did, you jackass. Who schedules a flight THIS early in the morning? When you said 'early' I thought you meant like eight or something or I don't know, maybe a time where the sun was up before I was."

"I didn't book it, Harry did. Stop blaming me, but think of it like this..." he says before turning fully in his seat to get a better look at me "... early bird gets the worm."

That's it.

He's going out the door along with his finger guns he shot up after saying that.

And this Harry guy is about to be on my shit list for scheduling a flight at the asscrack of dawn.

***