THE FOUR STOOGES

"Hellooooo my party people!" Screams Milo waltzing into my flat slamming the door right behind him. Startled, I drop my paint brush onto my brand new carpet that I just bought earlier this week

Well, I'll ruin this carpet with paint just like my last one... what can I say, not a very neat painter.

"Mary mother of Jesus Milo, no one else is here yet, why the hell are you scream- OMG DID YOU BRING SUSHI?" He looks at me like I just asked him to build me a rocket ship.

"Of course I brought sushi, thought we could skip pizza this Saturday for ONCE in our lives. Why do you sound like I just barged into here threatening to rob you?" He has to be kidding me.

You would think one of my best friends would know I'm allergic to any type of seafood, let alone raw fish roll ups.

Milo is only one out of the four 'stooges'- yes we know there's originally only three but we couldn't give two shits.

The other two are Sarah and Mitch A.K.A the love birds. Mitch is my absolute best friend in the whole world and I would trust him with my whole life.

Unlike someone who just brought in a killer food... literally.

I met Mitch about two years ago when I bought the flat above his record store. Our first interaction was interesting to say the least.

***

    How much shit could I jam into one box and why did I pack thinking I was the hulk being able to carry these heavy ass boxes up not one, but TWO flights of stairs.

"Mary, mother of Jesus I need a break" I tripped and decided to lay in defeat on the steps. My twig arms are screaming at me right now, maybe I should join a gym

"Oh I'm sorry. Wait are you the new person who bought the flat upstairs?" who is this man and why does he resemble Jesus- I said Mary, mother of Jesus... not the man himself.

"Um yea actually, just trying to get everything upstairs. I thought I was the only flat up here, sorry if I'm in your way."

"Yeah, no there's only one flat up here. I own the record store you live above, I heard banging and thought someone was breaking in so I came to check. But I guess this is a new way to meet you." he laughed out, I can tell he's not a very serious or uptight person.

Great, so Mr. Jesus-wanna-be works underneath my new home and saw me fall on my ass... what a way to meet.

***

Ever since Milo got the job at For the Record about a year and a half ago, we've made it a tradition to spend every Saturday night together, eating so much food that we always end up in a food coma.

And of course these fuckwits always end up crashing at my place, since my flat is the hangout spot.

Can you still be a homebody when all your friends act like it's there home too?

Not that I'm complaining, they're the family I always needed.

I was kicked out of my train of thought when I heard my front door shut and the two love birds waltz into my living room "And now all my party people are here."

"Well nice to see you guys..." I check my nonexistent watch, "twenty minutes late. First, Mi brings over the worst choice of food and now you guys are barely on time? I'm gonna need to put ads up to find better friends." I plop down on the couch, but get up instantly to wash my paint covered hands off in my kitchen and Sarah follows in pursuit.