Chapter 12 - PIZZA!

Start from the beginning

"It just makes the scars seem natural, or shoves them to the back of your mind when you can't see them. It doesn't work on people you hang out with, like how Paul was eventually able to see through." Percy explained, leaning back in his seat.

"It's better than nothing I guess." She hummed. Annabeth leaned into his side and he wrapped an arm around her. "What did Coach Hall want?"

"To ask about the scars. He got the best view of them, so it must have stayed in his mind more. He was also fighting the thoughts the Mist was feeding him, and was getting a headache, so he complained about that."

"Oof, Mist headache. That would suck." Annabeth scrunched up her nose thinking about it. She heard a small intake of breath from Percy and looked up to see his eyes widening. "Oh no, I'm worried about what you're thinking."

"Okay but, hear me out, Athena was born from Zeus' head, right? And he had a massive headache. So, what if she was born because he was thinking of the knowledge that the Mist was obscuring, and he got a Mist headache and then it got so bad cause he's a god and it just went poof Mist proof baby with loads of knowledge!" He turned to Annabeth alarmed. "Is Coach Hall going to birth a god out of his head?!"

Annabeth stared at him. She blinked. Percy tilted his head to the side, confused by her reaction. She blinked again. "What the actual fuck."

Everything Percy had said seemed to register in his head. His eyebrows raised and his eyes widened again. "Shit. I just called Athena a Mist proof baby with loads of knowledge. Styx, she's gonna smite me."

Annabeth stared at him again. "That's what you took from that whole thing?" She said incredulously. "Not the fact that you just said that Coach Hall - a biologically male mortal - was going to give birth in his office! From his head! Or the fact you just disregarded the whole story of how my mom was born?!"

Percy was silent for a moment. "Okay, yeah I see that now." He thought back through what he had said again. "You know, surprisingly, I don't think that was actually the worst thing I have ever come up with."

"Oh no, it wasn't. Clarisse has a whole book of your weird myth remakes, and this is going straight to her!" Annabeth exclaimed happily, grinning maniacally at the thought of new blackmail.

Percy groaned, burying his face in his hands. "Nooo! Please! She's gonna tease me so bad!"

"Think before you speak, Perce!" She sang smugly, smirking at his despair.

He sat back up and shook his head in mock disappointment. "I thought you loved me Wise Girl, how could you betray me like this? Siding with Clarisse, of all people!"

"Would you prefer I tell Thalia?"

"No!" He cried out his face the picture of horror, "Nope! No! Clarisse is good! Don't tell Thalia!" He pleaded.

"Hmm, I'll think about it. But you owe me!"

"Anything, just don't tell Thalia. Please! Please don't tell her! She will tease me until the end of time. And she can actually do that." Percy begged.

Annabeth laughed and looked over her shoulder to see his friends walking into the seating area of the pool, looking for Percy.

"Hey, Perce, your friends are here." She pointed out, switching to english. Percy turned to them and waved, and the couple got up and walked over to them. As they joined the group, Ash came running out from their changing room, so they didn't have to wait for them before leaving.

"So, it's still sunny, and it's a friday. Pizza?" Ash asked as the group walked out of school.

"Sure, sounds fun." Aaron replied and everyone else nodded. "Should we go to the place on the corner by the park?"