#𝟬𝟮𝟭- do you like it?

Start from the beginning

there was also some shoes present, the ones dahlia had grown to love the most already were her air jordan 1's in the sky blue colour. daniel was being showered with affection each time dahlia opened a present- him of course not being annoyed at all from the affectionate gestures he was receiving.

astonished at how much daniel had actually spent scared dahlia. she was never one to spend the most money or wanting to make a competition about who would spend the most money- unlike some people she knew- as what was most important to her was the quality of the present instead of quantity and price.

so when there was only two small boxes left after dahlia having received a blue polaroid- after she had cried to daniel about having lost her over one a month or two back. the two left were small square boxes, that only fueling dahlia's curiosity as to what it was.

"i swear daniel if this is something expensive i will hit you- you have gone extremely overboard this year."

"i had to make up for being a dick the last few months."

"don't be stupid you doofus- you made up for it already." dahlia commented, daniel sticking his tongue out at her to which only made dahlia reciprocate the same action. watching daniel flick his hand in her direction to hurry up in opening the presents only made dahlia raise her eyebrows before taking extra time and caution in opening one of the boxes she was holding.

waiting for her to open it, daniel rested his head on dahlia's shoulder. he was quick to smile even more when he felt a kiss on his head before feeling dahlia's own head lean on top his own. he noticed dahlia's hands shaking slightly, this always being a common thing when dahlia was being watched doing something, daniel knowing that her hands would also tremble a lot more when she was receiving presents.

a dark green velvet box was now visible to the couples eyes- well that was before dahlia scrunched up the wrapping paper to throw it in daniels face. he glanced up at dahlia, to see her facial expressions once she opened the box in front of her.

"you didn't."

"oh but i did."

"daniel."

"dahlia."

"how the fuck do you get the same one?"

"a magician never reveals his secrets." dahlia scoffed, giving daniels head a flick before bringing her hands to lift up the golden necklace that was situated nice and centre in the box. it was a plain necklace with a tiny golden cherry hanging on the middle of it. dahlia smiled as it was the one daniel had gotten her when they first met.

dahlia was surprised to see a necklace was literally identical to the one he had brought all those years back- it having been one of dahlia's favourite necklaces until she had lost it during one of the pairs dates around christmas time a few years back and since then, dahlia had never been able to forgive herself for losing it.

but here she was, with a new and improved version.

"do you like it?"

"no daniel i hate it." dahlia responded in a deadpan tone, daniel lifting his head off her shoulder to look at his girlfriend. he waited for her to break character, awaiting for a smile to break through and crack the blank expression dahlia had going on,

but nothing.

"what because you love it instead?" daniel joked, him holding back a laugh as he scanned dahlia's face when he noticed her nose flaring slightly- that being the sign she was about to crack. and she did. the laugh he had always loved was heard before daniel was pulled into a kiss from dahlia- his overall mood skyrocketing.

"you stole my line."

"terribly sorry."

dahlia put on a frown, daniel pulling the girl into his arms giving her another squeeze. he then picked up the necklace from her hands, twirling his finger around that being his way of telling dahlia to turn around to which would allow him to place the necklace around her neck.

"happy birthday my love."

AUTHORS NOTE
welp- this reminded me how single i am lol🥰

if it's a bit weird in places tell me- i was writing this when i was half asleep before going for a nap lmao

ANYWAY
please stay safe, stay hydrated & go eat something if you haven't already🥺
i love you 3000