I Guess I Should Move On

Masa POV

It really hurt when Jessy told me those things. Those same words kept ringing in my head.

"I don't want to be with you."

"So just leave me alone and don't talk to me."

"I don't wanna be with you and I don't want to be your girlfriend, so just leave me alone."

Is that really how she feels? I don't know anymore, but if she wants me to leave her alone, then I will. I wanted to take a day off, just to collect my thoughts on what happened that night. Even then, I couldn't believe she would say that, after everything. I thought she felt it too, but I probably was mistaken. Maybe I just miscalculated.

The next day
I was working on my shift, and I probably worked harder than ever before. Basically what I wanted to do was since she told me to leave her alone, I won't walk past her job anymore. Normally, I would do that just to make sure she's okay with her new job, but now that's not an option. As I was working, my manager came up to me. "Hey, Masa my boy." The manager came and pat me on the back. "Hey boss, what's up?" I responded. "Come to my office. I want to tell you something." He said. I was so confused, so I followed him to his office. Why do I have a sense that something is wrong? I thought. Its probably due to my trauma in school where everytine a teacher or a principal wants to talk to you, there's always ALWAYS something wrong 🙄.

"Have a seat." The manager said as he sat on his own chair. I sat across from him. "So what's going on?" I thought. "You got a promotion." He said. I stepped back. "Said what?" I responded. "Yup. You got the promotion as being the head manager of the bartending service. You've been working hard with us for years and we're really proud of what you've done for this hotel." He said. I sat to collect my thoughts. Is this really happening? I thought. "And there's more?" More, how much more can I take? I couldn't even completely take in the first part. "Youre going to be a manager in....drumroll please." The manager said. "Dude, I'm not a drummer, I'm a bassist." I said. "Just do it." I sighed and did drumroll on my thighs (thick thighs I might add 🤭😏) "you're going to be the head manager at Los Angeles." He said. I sat there shocked. "Los Angeles, like THE Los Angeles, like in California?" I asked. "Exactly." He responded. I just sat there in shock. In Los Angeles. What should I do? I thought. "You don't have to give me an answer now, but you can think about it." He said. I just nodded.

The door knocked. "Oh someone's outside. You can think about it later when you get home. Go back to work." He said as he pushed me out of the door. When he did that, I accidentally bumped into someone. I automatically apologized, but when I pulled away, it was the one person that pushed me away, Jessy. I took a step back more and I apologized and walked away. I'm already having so many thoughts in my head that I can't even keep them in lock. Ugh.....no now it's not the time to spiral. I gotta go back to work, I got orders piling up from many people who request me, I dont know why 🙄.

After work
Usually I would wait for Jessy to come from her shift, but since my shift ended at 7pm, I just left to go to my house. As I got inside, the apartment was dark. "The fuck?" I said subtly as I tried to find the light switch. When I turned the lights on, confetti came to me face. "Happy birthday, you son of a bitch." Caz said as he blew the birthday whistle. "The hell is this?" I said putting my stuff down. "Well....I wanted to give you the best birthday ever, and since we don't really have money to go out to the club, I figured you could have it here." He said. "Um..." "dont worry about it, you don't gotta say nothing. Oh and here's your....I guess poorly made cake. 🙃" He said pulling me to the front of the cake.

I looked up at him with one eyebrow up

I looked up at him with one eyebrow up. "Its funny. I know how much you dont like telling people your age, except for me, but yea....its simple, subtle, and....well." Caz said when I interrupted him. "Thanks bro. This is probably what I needed." I said sitting down on the couch. "Sonething on your mind?" He said sitting next to me. "Well....I got promoted." I started. "That's great." "But...itll be in California." He stood silent. "....California?" He asked. "Yea" "well....have you decided yet?" "No not yet. He's giving me a week to make me decision." "Aren't you going to tell Jessy?" "Well....she did tell me to leave her alone, so I dont want to." "Come on bro, you should tell her." "I'm not gonna tell her and that's final." I said as I stood up. "Come on stop being so secretive. Just tell her, itll be fine." He said as he grabbed his phone. "I SAID I DONT WANT TO TELL HER, ALRIGHT?!" I yelled. We both stood silent. "I'm sorry. I'm just...tired today, please forgive me. Ima go to bed, goodnight." I said as I walked to my separate room.

As much as I want to tell her, I dont want to. It's just as she said, so I will respect that. I understand that she went through a horrible breakup, and maybe she's not at a place to be in another one. Maybe I was going too fast. It just feels uncomfortable with her here in a sense where I see her at work sometimes when I try not to. I need to get away. Maybe I should take this job. I have a good reputation on the job, and it'll be good for my resume. But maybe im rushing this too fast? I'll think about it in a week.