Alexa // Three

Alexa's POV

"Mom I'm home" I say as I step into the house what I once called home.

"Where is bianca?" My mom says as she walks into the hallway from her room

"Oh, she stayed up watching the movie while I fell asleep so she's sleeping right now"

She just nods and turns around to walk to the kitchen, "I made waffles, if you want some"

"Sounds really good mom"

I walk into the kitchen and sit down at the table and immediately start to eat the waffles that my mom puts in front of me.

Tw:homophobic slurs

She sits down in front of me and starts to eat her own waffles, "remind me not to talk to diane anymore"

I look at her confused, "why?"

"Because her son confessed to sinning and she's okay with it"

"What do you mean?"

" he told her that he's gay and he's in love with another faggot"

My stomach starts to tighten up and my breathing starts to become heavier as anger starts to bubble inside of me.

"And than her eight year old daughter told her that she is a lesbian" she starts to shake her head side to side, "poor little dyke, so confused"

I start to grit my teeth and grip my fork, I start to take deep breaths as I bounce my leg to control my anger.

"Huh, is that so?"

"Yeah, I just wish that people like them didn't exist, the world would be so much better"

"Why? It's not like if they are interfering with you"

"Well yeah but they are confusing others and making other people want to be like them, I just don't get why diane doesn't just send them to a place where they could learn to not want to be dykes and faggots"

I stand up and start to walk away, "I'm not hungry" I say before she asks why I'm walking away.

I go to my room and lay down for a moment, my mind starts to wander, how mych easier would life be if she was just supportive of the lgbtq+ community.

Sleep soon doesn't sound to bad as my eyes feel heavier and heavier after each blink.

I wake up to my phone ringing, "hello?" I answer without even looking at the caller ID.

"Baby?" A smile spreads on my lips as I recognize that voice.

"Hey mamma"

"Did I wake you up?"

"No not at all"

"Oh please, I recognize that hot sleepy voice of yours"

"Fine, yes you did, what's up?"

"My dad was wondering if we're still going to have lunch at your house today?"

"Oh, yeah let me just tell my mom"

"Okay, we'll be there in an hour"

"Babe, it's like 8am"

"Baby its after noon already" she says giggling and I look at my time and my eyes go wide when I see that it is passed noon.

"Damn, I didn't realize I slept for that long!"

"Baby, since when do you ever sleep for only a hour?"

"True"

"Okay baby go tell your mom"

"Okay, but please tell your dad that if she says anything homophobic for him to just brush it off and I'm begging you to brush it off as well mama"