Twenty

Get ready for some wholesomeness at the end :)

Elizabeth's POV

I am woken up for the fourth time by my phone ringing, and finally decide I have had enough, I answer the call, "Fuck off!"

"Wow that's what I get after all this time?" I suddenly feel more awake by hearing the all too familiar voice.

"Emily!?"

"The one and only"

Emily and I have known each other since we were ten, and when we were sixteen we were fuck buddies for a while,than we got into a relationship, we were dating for two years.

When we turned eighteen her parents made Emily work in their company and ran her every, she was so busy she literally only had time to sleep for five hours and eat two meals and shower three times a week.

The reason why they done that was cause they wanted her to take over their company when she turns 21, and Emily was willing to escape with me and go far away where they wouldn't find us.

But I told her that wasn't a good idea and so we broke up, we promised we'd get back  together when she was 21, no matter where we were we would reunite at 21.

A year later we were still both all about each other, but than without expecting it, i took on the responsibility of kids, got married and had no family.

When that happened her and I lost contact between each other, and this is the first time since we were nineteen that we've talked.

"Soo a little birdie told me that you weren't doing so good, like mentally, emotionally, financially and physica-"

"Okayyy I get it" I cut her off before she could finish what she was saying.

"Anyways... I'm sure you're tired as hell soo I'm gonna explain this fast, we have a open spot where you can work with me in my office, and I'd love it if you'd come work with me, also... you're single and were both older than 21"

She didn't even have to finish what she was saying, I already knew what she was hinting towards when she said I was single.

"I don't know Em"

"Please just think about it!"

"Okay I'll think about it"

"Actualky you're gonna have to sleep on it, cause I need a answer in the morning"

"Okay I'll sleep on it Em,I promise"

"Thank you so much, okay i gotta go, talk to you soon!"

"Okay, byee em"

"Bye Liz"

She hangs up and I just lay bad down, trying my best to fall back asleep but I can't when my mind is wandering a million miles a hour.

No matter what I think it always circles back to Alexa, I don't even realize that I start to doze off into sleep until I suddenly am awoken by the sunlight shining in my face.

I open my eyes and stretch out my limbs as a satisfied yawn leaves my mouth.

I sit up and decide to call my ex husband Daniel, "hello?"

"Hey guess what!" Someone sounded happier than I'd thought.

"What?"

"I know you might be against this but i got put to a higher place in my job, only thing is that I'd have to be moving to somewhere in the United states within a few months, they did give me options though"