thirty-seven

A/N: This doesnt have to do with the book at all but BANKS is such an underrated artist. Her album 'Goddess' used to be my favourite and I refound it and now I can't stop listening to it!

Okay, enjoy the chapter.

-

"I'm so happy for you two, what the fuck!" I smiled into the screen at the happy couple.

"I didn't expect us to move in together so quickly but I'm more than okay with it," Dallas smiled, glancing at Kaden a few times.

After Sky's passing, Dallas didn't want to live there as every corner had a memory of Skylar. He said it was way to lonely. Kaden was moving out of his parents house so they decided to move in together. I think it was a good decision, they seem really happy together.

"And this place is so nice! You need to come see it!" Kaden added.

"I will, for sure," I exclaimed.

"Where are you going anyway?" Dallas asked, noticing that I was in the passenger seat of Billie's car.

"We're actually going to meet up with my mom to look at a few apartments!"

"Aw, I hope it goes well. Text me later?"

"I will," I waved goodbye before ending the call and turning my attention back to Billie.

"We should get a place together," she smirked, glancing at me for a moment.

"For real?"

"Why not? We already live together," she shrugged.

"I didn't think you'd ever want to move out of that house."

"Well, one reason I didn't want to move was because you lived so close but if you're moving with me then there's nothing stopping me! We would go back all the time to see my parents obviously."

"Hmm," I hummed out in thought as we pulled up to an apartment complex. I saw my mom's car as Billie parked next to it. We got out of the car, a fan instantly seeing Billie. The young girl ran up to Billie and I let them have their moment as I gave my mom a quick hug.

"Thanks for coming with me, you really didn't have to!" My mom smiled.

I know I didn't have to, she didn't even ask me to go apartment hunting; I offered. The things my mom told me made me feel awful. In a way she was 'in the closet' for years; Maybe not as extreme as me but she did have to hide and lock away her beliefs from someone she loved.

At first, I was skeptical about what she was telling me, but after a long talk with Billie this morning; I really don't know why she would come back now and tell me this. After today I'll know the truth. I'm not planning on hiding how much Billie and I love each other in front of my mom.

After the fan left, Billie walked over to us and gave my mom a quick hug. "You girls ready?" My mom asked.

"Let's do this!" I smiled. The three of us walked into the apartment building, Billie and I hand in hand. The landlord met us in the foyer and led us to the third floor.

"Woah, I love the windows!" I exclaimed as we walked into the main area of the apartment. It was mostly an open concept between the kitchen and living room. There were two rooms and one large bathroom.

"I'd have to buy a big mattress," mom stated as we walked into the bigger bedroom. I felt Billie's arms snake around my waist as we watched my mom open up the closet.

"What do you think about this place?" Mom asked, turning around to see Billie holding me.

"I think it's great!" I smiled. The thought of her finally getting away from my father after so many years is great but also terrifying at the same time.