five

a/n: sorry i haven't been updating a lot. my life is crazy rn and i haven't had much time, just know that i write whenever i have the chance! also, I'm writing on my laptop for the first time so, sorry if the layout is different or weird.

"You promise you'll come to the afterparty right?" Billie asked for the hundredth time that morning.

"Yes Billie, I promise! I'm going to Dallas and Skylar's house to watch the live show and then I'm coming." I promised her while brushing my hair in the mirror.

"Okay good" she smiled while coming up behind me and wrapping her arms around my waist, sending shivers down my spine and up my neck.

"You cold?" She asked while rubbing her hands up and down the sides of my arms.

"N-no, just excited," I muttered out, "I can't believe you still haven't let me see your outfit" I pouted while turning around to face her.

"It's a surprise" She smirked while bopping the tip of my nose, making me scrunch up my face in annoyance.

"You're annoying" I rolled my eyes and went to grab my bag off of her bed.

"But you love me?" she pouted in her cute baby voice.

"Of course I love you, Billie." I smiled half-heartedly.

more than you know.

-

"Dayyummm girl, serving up looks" Dallas cooed over Billie as we watched her walk down the red carpet. Flashing lights and cameras pointed at her face as she posed differently every two seconds. Voices shouting from the paparazzi could be heard. "Billie, over here" "Billie this way" "You look amazing Billie" "Turn to the side" and so on.

"She looks amazing, she's seriously such a natural at this," Sky sighed, "I can't imagine that many cameras pointed at me."

"Yeah, me neither," I said in practically a whisper.

"You okay sweetie?" Dallas asked, turning his attention to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I put on a fake smile, "I'm just nervous," I shrugged. But that was a lie. I was scared and confused, if Billie and I ever were what I wanted us to be, that many cameras would be on my face, and I just don't think I can do that.

"Oh come on, we already know she's going to win at least one" Skylar said with certainty.

"You're right" I nodded.

After a painfully long hour of red carpet interviews, it was finally time to start the real thing. The first Grammy that Billie was nominated for was about to be announced and to say that I was nervous would be a massive understatement. One hand was holding Dallas' and the other was holding Skylars.

"Okay I get that you're nervous but I can't feel my fingers anymore" Skylar mumbled.

"Sorry" I apologized quickly while loosening my grip on her hand.

"And the grammy goes too.....Billie Eilish"

The crowd was heard clapping and shouting. The camera angled to Billie and her family as she stood up with a shocked expression. She hugged her family and part of me wishes I would have chosen to go with her. Dallas and Sky jumped up from the couch and started cheering, while I stayed on the couch with my mouth hanging open.

Dallas and Sky finally sat back down, they looked at me with confusion as a tear ran down my cheek. They were about to ask me something when I shushed them so I could hear her speech.

Billie was clearly in shock and never once did she ever think she would win a Grammy. I know this from having conversations with her about it.

She started thanking everyone and listing off people's names. A small smile pulled at my lips when she mentioned the name "M". She likes to call me that because apparently, our names are 'too similar'. I kinda agree with her.

The show started to continue to a few awards she wasn't nominated for. "Is 'M', you?" Dallas asked.

"Mhm," I nodded my head.

"awww" They both said in unison.

"Why were you tearing up though?" Sky asked.

"How could I not? I love her so much and I'm so proud of her, she's come so far and gone through so much. To see her achieve this is just...mindblowing I guess"

"You know you kinda talk about her like yall are in a relationship or some shit" Dallas chuckled. I nodded my head, keeping my eyes glued to the tv as the award show went on.

After a total of five Grammys were in Billie's hands I started my car and began pulling out of Dallas and Skys driveway. A ringing came through my Bluetooth and I saw it was from Billie, so I answered quickly.

"Billie oh my god, congratulations!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you, babe! Are you on your way?"

"Yes, I already left. I can't wait to celebrate with you!"

"Me neither. see you soon"

"Wait Billie" I sighed before she hung up.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"I'm sorry I didn't come along," I mumbled out with sadness.

"Hey, don't worry about it. The afterparty is the fun part anyways"

"If you say so. See you soon, and congrats"

I hung up and cruised down the streets of LA, excited to see Billie, give her a hug, and properly congratulate her. I had Bad Guy blaring through my speakers as I sped through a green light.

All I heard was tire screeches and glass breaking.

All I saw was a car drive in front of mine.

All I smelt was smoke.

All I tasted was blood.

Then, all my senses went black. Pitch fucking black.

a/n: Sorry it's a shorter one. One of my TikTok's gave me the idea to write the chapter like this.