twenty-four

A/N: Hi babiesss. Don't forget to vote! I'm so nervous about this chapter and the next few omg.

TW: Brief mentions of self-harm.

"Happy Mother's day Mama Maggie," I smile with a tired yawn, pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you daughter Millie," she beams back, "I should start breakfast," she yawns, beginning to get off of her bed.

"No no, that's not how Mother's day works, stay here," I laugh, patting her shoulder before she lies back down. She nods her head and pulls out her phone as I go back to the kitchen to see how things are coming along.

"You almost done?" I ask everyone who's running around the kitchen to get things prepared.

"It wouldn't hurt you to help," Finneas bites.

"Love you to brother Finn," I smile sweetly at him, "Claudia do you need help grabbing things from your car?"

"Actually yeah, that would be great," she nods, leading the way to her vehicle. She pops the trunk and my eyes widen at the number of flowers she picked up.

"Claudia, we agreed on one bouquet of flowers, this is fucking twenty."

"I couldn't decide," she shrugs with a chuckle.

I laugh at her while starting to help bring the flowers and gifts inside. Maggie claimed she didn't want anything other than her family for Mother's day; you know, what every parent says. We decided to get her a new weighted blanket and a few baking and cooking supplies that she needed. She would say she doesn't need them but what she has now is getting really old and could use a replacement.

By the time we got all the flowers inside, Finneas, Patrick, and Billie had finished making breakfast and put it nicely on a tray with one of the Bouquets. We all walked into the living room where Maggie was still laying down and brought her the breakfast. She had the widest smile on her face as Billie set the tray down beside her.

"Thank you, babies," Maggie grinned widely, beginning to tear up.

"Love you, mom," Billie cooed as she leaned down to embrace her in a hug.

"I'm so happy you're all here. I'm so grateful to have not only Finneas and Billie but also you Claudia and Millie," she started. All of us piled onto the mattress and Finneas passed her a tissue from her nightstand.

"I love you all so much and I'll always be here for all of you, no matter what you need. You kids always know how to put a smile on my face whenever I need it," she said through tears.

My eyes started welling with tears, not only because Maggie's words were so sweet but also because this is my first mothers day without actually being with my mom.

"Mom, we're supposed to be the ones giving you a speech," Finneas chuckled.

After we all finished eating breakfast we brought Maggie into the dining room where all the rest of the flowers were set up, including the gifts we bought her. She thanked up profusely and told us we did too much, but for Maggie, nothing is enough.

After sitting around and playing games for a few hours I decided to hide in Billie's room, feeling exhausted both emotionally and physically. I made the mistake of scrolling through pictures in my camera roll, a few photos of my mom popping up here and there. Foolishly, I decided to call her to at least wish her a happy Mother's day and thank her for everything she did for me in the past.

I held the phone to my ear and listened to it ring. I had the tiniest bit of hope that maybe she would answer and hear me out, but that hope withered away with every ring I heard.