Chapter 35 - Jane's birthday ~Part 3~

After a quick shower, she applied some make-up, put on a mustard t-shirt, a blue cardigan and a pair of jeans, blue boots with two mustard buttons on the side. She picked up her blue coat, large mustard wool scarf and mustard handbag. Cain had already gone to the kitchen for a cup of coffee, she quickly took Alek's letter out of the box and put it in her bag so she could hide it in her office. She brought the macaroons too, as she had already finished the ones Alek had given her the week before.

"You look lovely, babe," Cain said, as he saw her walk down the stairs to the kitchen. "And tonight, you are going to look even more beautiful with the dress I bought you."

"Definitely," she said, kissing him on the cheek.

"¡Felicidades, Jane!" Rosa said as soon as they walked in the kitchen. Happy birthday, Jane!

"Thank you, Rosa," Jane said, as they hugged.

"I have a gift for you," Rosa exclaimed happily.

"You shouldn't have," Jane replied, taking the bag Rosa was offering her, and looking inside. It was a white pillow with a colourful flower embroidery she had made herself. "It's so beautiful! You are so talented. Thank you so much, I love it!"

"I'm glad you like it! You can put it in your office here as soon as it's ready."

"That's so thoughtful," Jane agreed.

"Now you two sit down and have breakfast. I've made chocolate chips pancake, eggs and a carrot cake."

"Oh, my God, you've outdone yourself," Jane smiled.

They sat down on the kitchen counter and ate hungrily. Everything was delicious, especially the carrot cake, it was Jane's favourite.

By 9am, Antonio stuck his head round the kitchen door. "Aquí está la cumpleañera. ¡Muchas felicidades!" Here is the birthday girl. Happy birthday!

"¡Muchas gracias, Antonio!" Jane smiled. "Come in and have a slice of carrot cake. Your mother made it, it's delicious." Thank you very much, Antonio!

"I won't say no to that," he smiled. "Unless it's too late for you, it's already 9am."

"Eat the cake, then we can go," Jane replied.

"I am in no rush this morning, so we can drive you first, then he can drive me to my office," Cain said.

"Perfect," Jane exclaimed.

A few minutes later, after having thanked Rosa again for her beautiful gift and delicious breakfast, they walked down to the car. Jane's phone was buzzing with messages, but she ignored them, as she had to call her parents first. They had probably refrained from calling, so that she could have a peaceful breakfast with Cain.

"¡Hola papá! ¡Hola mamá!" she said, as her mother picked up.

"¡Muchas felicidades, hija!" her father replied happily. Happy birthday, daughter!

"Happy birthday, Jane!" her mother said at the same time.

"Thank you both!"

"How is your morning going? We did not call you to give you some time alone with Cain," her mother explained, just as Jane had imagined.

"Thank you, mami! My morning is going very well. Cain says hi!"

"Hi," Cain interjected.

"Hi Cain," they both replied.

"We'll see you at dinner tonight," Cain added.

"Oh, yes! Can't wait," Skye replied. "Enjoy your day, baby girl! We'll see you tonight."