Chapter 9 - Best friends' advice

"Good morning sleeping beauty," Cain whispered to Jane, caressing her cheek. She woke up and smiled back at him as he kissed her on the mouth.

"Good morning, babe," she replied in a sleepy voice.

"You need to get moving, it's almost 8am. Breakfast is ready downstairs for you, though Xander and I have to leave already."

"OK... thank you, babe."

"You're welcome. Are you coming over after your girls' night?" he asked as Jane stretched in bed.

"I don't know yet..."

"OK, let me know. Have a nice day, babe."

"You too."

And with a last kiss, he left the bedroom and off he went to work. Jane took a quick shower, being careful not to get her hair wet as she had washed it the night before. God, the night before... She remembered what she had done to Alek and what he had wanted to do to her. Her body got hot instantly and as she washed herself, everything was coming alive, she heard herself moan... She was late already; she did not have the time to take care of her raging hormones. She finished up quickly in the shower and walked out.

It was girls' night later so she decided to wear something nice but still comfortable and even put on some make-up. She walked to the dressing room, not a walking closet, because it could not be called a closet if it was this big... She decided to wear carmine laced underwear, a black high waisted skirt that stopped just above her ankles, a black silk blouse that she could unbutton a little bit more when she went out with the girls, and carmine ankle boots. She grabbed her black leather coat and carmine bag and satisfied with her reflection in the mirror, she walked downstairs.

"¡Hola Rosa!" Jane said as soon as she walked into the kitchen. Hello Rosa!

"¡Hola Jane, estás preciosa!" Rosa said, smiling. Hello Jane, you look lovely!

Rosa was the housekeeper, she was in her fifties, still full of energy, keeping up with all the staff in the penthouse and all her children and grandchildren at home. She was Mexican, which meant that she was just as fluent in Spanish as in English. That was a requirement for Cain because his Spanish was non-existent. The rest of the staff was required by her to wear white pristine clothes, because if they could keep their clothes clean then they could keep up with her cleaning requirements. Rosa herself, always wore a pantsuit, but instead of being white, it was very colourful and usually full of flowers, which made her look even more lovely.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked Jane.

"Fine, and you? How was your weekend?"

"Oh, good. I took the grandkids to the aquarium on Saturday. They loved it," Rosa said smiling.

"That sounds lovely!"

Rosa put a plate full of eggs and another full of fruit in front of Jane. "Come mientras hablamos," she said. Now you eat while we talk. They always switched between Spanish and English.

"I was so happy to see that Xander is back with us," Rosa said, as Jane started to eat her breakfast.

"Yes..." Jane said, smiling back.

"He's such a good boy! You know that he is the one who took me in?"

"I had no idea..."

"Yes, we met in Mexico City, where I was working in a restaurant. He came in one day and had some quesadilla. He loved it so much that he asked to meet the cook. Half an hour later, I was telling him my whole life story, and how hard it was to keep my big family afloat on those small salaries. He didn't say anything, but two weeks later, his lawyer came to my house, he had the paperwork for me and my whole family to move to Madrid and he had a job lined up for all of us, me here as a housekeeper, my boys in his company and all was settled. We only had to sign the papers and he would even pay for the flight tickets and the movers. He has such a big heart!" Her eyes were shining as she told the story.