Chapter 49 - Monday at the office

Monday mornings were always busy. For once, Jane did not wake up early to work out, probably too tired from her weekend. They went downstairs to have breakfast together and Alek joined them too, to Rosa's delight of having the three of them together for breakfast.

"¡Esto está buenísimo! ¡Muchas gracias, Rosa!" Alek said, smiling at the old lady. This is delicious! Thank you very much, Rosa!

"Glad you like it," Rosa replied, as Jane and Cain agreed with Alek's statement.

"You slept in this morning?" Alek asked Jane as casually as he could.

"Yeah," Jane replied. "Still tired from the weekend, I guess. Did you work out?"

"Always," Alek replied.

"I don't know why you wake up early to work out, when you could work out at the office with me," Cain interjected.

"I don't wake up early to work out, I just don't sleep much," Alek explained.

"You'd sleep more if you had someone to sleep with," Cain laughed.

"Well, why don't I sleep with you two tonight then," Alek teased.

"You'll end up sleeping with us the rest of your life if you don't start looking for a girlfriend," Cain retorted, quite happy with himself.

"You take care of your girl and stop worrying about my sex life," Alek said, less amused.

"Whatever you say," Cain finished.

After a moment of silent, Alek started talking to Jane again. "I wanted to ask you something..."

"Yes?" Jane asked terrified as she met his beautiful blue eyes.

"Would it be possible to bring over my team at HG tomorrow? I'd like to start the process and give you some money," he laughed, as he saw her features change.

"I'd have to check my calendar, but it can be arranged. Shouldn't I prepare something before the meeting?" Jane asked worriedly. It stressed her out to have to work with Alek, considering that his mere presence drove her insane.

"Call me this morning when you have a moment and I'll tell you all you need, OK? It's an informal meeting, we'll just figure things out first, don't worry! Though Luna as co-founder and lawyer should be present at the meeting too," Alek explained.

"OK, I'll call you," Jane said, glad she had a reason to call him.

"Good," Alek replied.

"Actually, I can't call you. I don't have your office number," Jane said, and they all laughed.

"Hand me your phone, I'll save it in your contacts," Alek said.

Jane unblocked her phone and handed it to Alek.

"Who are you going to bring to the meeting?" Cain asked Alek.

"I was thinking Laura and Charles," Alek replied, handing the phone back to Jane.

"Good," Cain said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Don't you want to be there too?" Jane asked. She would feel less stressed out if Cain were there, instead of being alone with Alek and people she did not know.

"It would not be appropriate, considering you're my fiancée. Anyway, Xander takes care of the foundation, so I really have no reason to be there," Cain explained. "You'll do great, don't worry."

"Thanks," Jane said, though she sounded very unsure.

"Call me later and we'll talk, you don't have to stress about this, I promise," Alek added, touching her back, making her feel a bit more secure.