CHAPTER 1

On the edge of the cliff stood a tall figure, his body outlined  against the pitch black sky. The wind ruffled his hair as his clothes rustled lightly with it.

He stood listening to the raging sound of the waves beneath, crashing furiously against the rocky shore. Every other sound was muffled by the Sea's ferocious roar.

From behind, another person came up towards the man, his eyes shimmering like lights in the dark. "It's really beautiful out here, you know." He said while stepping towards the man, "You should bring me here often, Jake."

Jake smiled without looking at the other, "The Sea is a vast thing, Jay. It gives each of us a distinct piece of itself. That's why you should find your own view of the sea, don't hover near mine."

Jay chuckled at this and stood next to his companion, "That sounds pretty nice, I should start searching for my piece of the Sea then." Jay glanced at the other, "But for now we have something else to do."

Jake breathed in deeply, "That's true. We can't be in paradise forever. Has the ship arrived?" He asked. The other nodded while handing over a small tablet with the harbour information of a particular ship.

"Very well." He said while turning back, "Wake the Nidra up, Jay. We have to complete our duties tonight."

Jay smirked at this and followed Jake without hesitance. He pulled out his woven black mask and put it on his face while pulling out his knives.

"There is no need to wake them up. The Nidra wakes up with the nighttime itself."

The two walked ahead in complete silence while faint figures joined them from the dark, following them in woven black masks.

With that, the Nidra walked towards their work.

*****
The fresh morning covered by a light blue sky settled down on the bustling crowd that hustled past the busy streets of Neocity, the capital of NstateT.

That particular Sunday was no different from the others that came previously and was filled with the calls and talks of thousands of people.

Every thing was the same, everyone was the same. Not a thing was unusual and not a thing was different. It was all ordinary.

And so was Lee Heeseung.

Heeseung was an ordinary teen boy studying in an outstanding college. He was a bright student, but there were millions others with the same caliber.

He walked the plain streets in a light outfit, sweat beading at his forehead due to the warming Sun. He swung his hands slightly to the rhythmic tunes playing from his earphones.

He wanted to enjoy this holiday like the others, but he couldn't.

He watched them all with careful eyes and felt jealousy erupt in his heart. Even though all these people were the same, they enjoyed being like all the others.

But something in him was not pleased with being so ordinary, so common. He wished he could be content with what he was, but he wasn't.

Since a young age, he wanted something different from others. At first, he believed that becoming a celebrity would quench this thirst. But sadly, he soon realised that these celebrities were common in the lives of thousands, if not millions.

Even the shiny, outstanding ones were common.

So he pursued his common lifestyle and followed the same familiar pattern all others followed.

"When will this end?" He whispered to himself, "When will the world change for me?" He slumped down on a bench.

He looked over the same street again and again, the dull features already engraved in his head.

The flashing signs shone over his head, screaming about all sorts of different topics that roped their way into everyday life.

Sunday special offers.
Scandalous love lives of internet models
Political agitation here and there.

They were the same. Always.

Until, Heeseung noticed the news about a man found dead with a unique brand stamped on his cheek.

A simple design with one single sea wave with the words 'NIDRA' written below.

It was a gruesome incident indeed. But Heeseung was not repulsed, instead his eyes were shining brightly at that one word on the screen.

'Unique brand'

Unique.

________________________________

Yeaaahhh, I'm back.

This time its HEEJJAYYY